Part 8

Hey Kids, so I realised that... THIS BOOK HIT A HUNDRED READS! fuck yeaa! I really want to say thanks to the awesome people who vote every chapter and leave comments because you guys are the ones that keep me motivated to keep going with this story! I love you thank you so much! 

Also because you guys seem to love these high school stories so much (apparently), I was thinking of making another one when this ends but kind of making it a bit more realistic, because let's face it Dan was not cool in school. So if you guys want that to happen please leave a comment telling me that or what you think it should be about! 

anyways, on with the story...

Text from 'Philly Boi'
- me and calv r gonna be at urs in 5 mins 

Text to 'Philly Boi'
-cool come on in then lmao 

I applied the last little bit of hairspray to my newly curled hair that I had tucked two strands around and tied them at the back making everything a lot more 'elegant'. The whole point of tonight was to dress 'elegantly', my mum had taken me out shopping to find the perfect dress for my first ever dance, she was so excited for me to actually go to one of these as I never go. 

I wore a dress that had a long flowy black dress at the bottom topped off with a white lace piece at the top, I had applied very neutral makeup with gold eyes and a nude lip to bring everything together so I didn't look like shit. I pulled out a black box from my desk and opened it to reveal my mask for the night, it was the generic shape but it was laced with studs and other shiny things to make it sparkle and look beautiful. 

I tied it around my face carefully trying to avoid breaking the black satin string thing keeping it together. I really didn't look like myself, which I guess kind of excited me about tonight I could be a completely different person and no one would ever even know it was me. 

As I stared at this completely new person in the mirror,  Phil and Calvin bursted into my room making me jump back in shock "Wow Emily you look... wow" Calvin breathed out scanning his eyes all over my body "You've never seen her clean up properly mate" Phil smirked putting his arm around me and pointing out Calvin's obvious blush "That's how I was too" Phil added on kissing my cheek. "You nerds" I laughed acknowledging their masks, they both used masks from Majora's Mask, which actually would of been a good idea to do. 

------------------------------------------------------

I have to give it to the school, the way the decorated our lousy hall was wonderful. The theme was black and silver which you could obviously tell from the mainly black room and silver decorations scattered everywhere. 

We went over to the punch bowl, which I really didn't trust but Calvin took a drink from anyways as he said he was going to need something a lot stronger to get through this night. I turned around to see all of the students attempting to slow dance as they were used to just grinding. 

"Would you care for a dance?" a soft voice spoke from next to me, I turned over to check if he was actually talking to me, and to my surprise he was. I looked over at Calvin and Phil who were way too busy scoffing free doughnuts down their throats to care. Anyways I had vowed to step out of my comfort zone an try new things even if it was only for one night. 

I nodded slowly earning a smile from the tall man who held my hand and lead me to the centre of the dancefloor. Dodie Clark had agreed to perform a few songs and she started off with a song called 'intertwined'. 

The man looked down at my outfit making me feel very conscious and very uncomfortable, I wasn't the happiest with my body. He was wearing a generic black suit and tie with a black mask with hint of gold  running through it, despite his normal clothes, something about him was different and I was intrigued   . His brown hair was pushed back due to mask which admittedly looked amazing on whoever this was. His lips were a blood red colour that looked perfect with his pale skin. 

As the song started to begin we both moved together gently, I wasn't really sure what I was doing but he seemed to know so I just went along with him. His long arms were wrapped around my waist and my arms were perfectly laid on his neck as if our bodies were the ideal size for each other. 

Half way through the song, he started to look into my eyes causing me to do the same for him, his eyes were so beautiful, every single second longer I stared into them I was slowly melting into him and before I know it I was going to be a puddle on the floor. 

"Who are you?" I thought outloud earning a slight chuckle from him, "the whole point of the mask is to keep your identity secret" he told me, "but I do know who you are, Emily" I started to blush at someone actually wanting to dance with me for myself and not a different person. "Let's go somewhere else" he suggested and I nodded wanting to be with him for as long as possible. 

He lead me to this secret garden place in the school laced with fairy light and decorative statues "How the hell did you find this place?" I asked admiring the view in awe "I have no idea" He uttered grabbing my hand again and leading us onto this platform. 

We started to dance slowly again to the same song but this time my head was in the crook of his neck and his head rested gently above mine. The guy pulled away from our intimate moment and again started to look into my eyes before leaning in. I closed my eyes and braced myself for him, his lips brushed against mine gently before he applied more pressure causing our lips to fully connect and we moved them together in sync. It felt like pure bliss. 

I started to fiddle with the strap of his mask causing him to pull away quickly "before you take my mask off, I just want you to know i'm so sorry" he told me before I took it off his face delicately. 

No. It can't be. standing infront of me was none other than Dan Howell. Tears threatened to spill from my eyes but with all my strength I managed to suck them up "You dick" I spat as I slapped my hand on his cheek leaving it with a red mark. He didn't have a chance to get a word in before I ran away back to the hall, leaving him alone on the platform.