Chapter 5: My Superman

I'm baaaaack~ I'm not really sick anymore so chapters may come out a bit slower or every other day. Because of school I don't have a whole lot of time and it takes me a few hours to write chapters because of editing and all that jazz so ya. I won't keep you from reading your gay stories so here ya go! Music by Orbital Music on youtube. Song is called "Goblins from Mars-Neptune." -XOXO Sparkle

___________________________________

    After what happened earlier today, Zach hasn't left my side. He walks me to my classes like we're a couple! I mean I'm not complaining, but it's getting kind of annoying. He has a good heart and the thought behind it is nice, but I'm not a baby.

    I'm not fragile, so what if I had a weak moment. He can't treat me like I'm thinking of jumping off the school roof at any moment.

    As we're walking to our fifth period class I can't help but glare at Zach. I don't mind his company, in fact I enjoy it, but the reason he's doing it is driving me insane. I'm not weak. Not anymore.

    I stop in my tracks and turn to him with a frown tugging at my lips. He looks at me confused and is about to say something, but I cut him off.

    "Look, if you're gonna stick around all day you could at least do it because you want to. Don't feel obligated to follow me around to see if I'm fine. I don't like pity." I huff. I'm not normally this mean but it needed to be said. I don't want to be pitied.

    His face seems to soften at my words and he shakes his head. His smile drops from his face as he steps closer to me, hesitating on what to do.

    "I don't do pity. It's not really my thing." He shoves his hands into his pockets and looks down at his feet, a blush forming across his face. "I am here because I want to be around you. We're friends after all, right?"

    I take in a deep breath. Did he really mean that? I look back down at my feet frowning. I feel like such an asshole.

    I bit my bottom lip in thought and slowly look up to Zach. "Sorry, I guess I'm still not used to having a real friend." I look away from his eyes with a bright pink blush running across my face.

    I see Zach shrug his shoulders and smile down at me, but his eyes are trained on my lips. What the hell? I raise my brow at him only to get an embarrassed chuckle in reply. Whatever, It's not like he was thinking what I thought he was thinking. He said it himself, we only friends.

    We continue to walk to class in silence. Great, now I've made things awkward.

                                                                    . . . .

    After class Dillon, Kadin, Zach, and I walked to lunch together and talked about the usual useless thing like our homework and who was the biggest slut in school.

    When we sat down at the table I had realized we were surrounded by the popular jocks and cheerleaders. Why the hell were we sitting here? I know Zach is a jock and I had just figured out Kadin played football too, but Dillon and me, we were just the new outcasts.

    I nervously look at Zach when more than a few of the cheerleaders and jocks glared at Dillon and me. To which Zach gave them a deadly look, most of them looking away submissively and seeming embarrassed. Was it really okay for us to sit here?

    "Zach, are you sure that we can sit here? I don't want to cause any trouble." My voice was barely a whisper and my nerves shot. I honestly didn't feel comfortable here, I'm used to people like them beating me. I wasn't ready for that yet.

    He looked at me with the same concerned look as always and looked between me and the rest of the table. A sneer appeared on his face as he caught an apple in mid air. Where the hell had that come from?

    "The Hell!? Did you just throw an apple at Conner?" I flinch at the rise in his voice when he stands from his seat and storm over to the person responsible. The buff guy with messy brown hair looked at him with a terrified expression.

    Apparently Zach was known around the school as one of the strongest and most protective guys there, and it seemed that this mystery guys had crossed the line. Zach pulled the guy off his seat by the collar of his football jacket and brought him close, whispering in his ear.

    The face of the guy went a pale white as Zach continued to whispered in his ear. Soon after he pulled away with a satisfied grin on his face and dropped the guy back into his seat. When Zach came walking back the guy had put his face into his hands and seemed to be muttering to himself.

    Dillon had stood up from his seat and turned back to Kadin. "Up." With that one word Kadin had stood up and was at Dillon's side.

    Okay, that was weird. Kadin almost seemed like he was a girl following her boyfriend's orders. Huh, if I didn't know any better I would say that Kadin was acting like the submissives I read about in books. The poor guy was never going to win over my brother like that.

    Dillon grabbed a hold of my arm and began to pull me to another table while Zach and kadin carried our trays. Once we got far enough away from the first table we sat down and began to eat our lunch like nothing ever happened.

    I let out a heavy sigh and put my head in hands. This was exactly what I was afraid would happen!

    "I'm so sorry guys! I new something like that would happen." I begin to shake my head while I'm hiding my face. As I'm sitting there moping I feel... my own hand ruffle my hair?

    "Don't worry about it Conner. We're here for you, even if that means we have to bust in someone's teeth." Dillon laughs out. Okay, not very comforting. I hear a chuckle from Kadin as he awkwardly clears his throat.

    "I think what he's trying to say is that we all will protect you when needed." I take my head from my hands and look up at him surprised. Even him? Wow.

    He gives me a warm smile and looks back over to Zach, who's still glaring at the piece of shit who threw the apple at me. Kadin clears his throat and Zach whips his head back to us.

    He lets out a frustrated sigh and looks back into my eyes, that comforting look returning to his dark orbs.

    "You alright? I didn't scare you?" His eyes are full of that comforting look that I can't quite place. Any other person would say it was a loving look, but I knew it couldn't be that. He didn't even like me. He was straight! Right?

    "Yeah. My superman." I say sarcastically as I put my hand over my heart. I laugh so hard that tears come to my eyes as a deep cherry red blush covers his face.

    My superman. It really fits him, I think I'll start calling him from now on.