Chapter 4

That night I had a wonderful dream, about me and Jack; but like all the good dreams, it turned into a night mare.

In the dream, Jack and I were running hand in hand down the street, I heard a gun shot and Jack falls to the ground, covered in blood, dead.

I wake up screaming and shaking. What the hell was that?? I decided to ignore it even though I still had a funny feeling.

it was 9:00 a.m. I had better get up and get dressed I had a busy day today.

I got up and put on a periwinkle color top and some jean shorts and some blue converse low tops.

I pulled my hair in to a braid down my back, and went down stairs and got some breakfast.

after breakfast I went over to Jack's house to start training. I knocked on the door, Ms. Ellis invited me in and told me that Jack would be ready in a minute.

while I waited for Jack, Ryan came up to me and asked if Jack an I were together. I didn't know how to answer. I just shrugged my shoulders and he left.

"Hey mom! Do you know where my sneakers are?" Yelled jack running down the stairs.

He stopped at the bottom his face flushed. My eyes widened when I realized he was shirtless.

I felt my cheeks burn up in heat.
I never noticed his muscles before and oh gosh, six pack!

"Sadie! Hey! I-I thought we agreed 11?"
He stuttered.
"N-no we did, but uh... then we changed it to 10 to get more time in..."

He then realized what I was staring at.
He looked down "I-oh gawd!" and scrambled up the stairs the put a shirt on.

when Jack came down again WITH a shirt on, we grabbed our bikes and went off to the same part of the woods where we were yesterday.

"Aww man I would've been fine if he went shirtless..."
NO STOP IT BRAIN!

Jack was very quiet as he sliced at the human tree target. usually we talk and fight. but I was kind quiet too, I hope things weren't awkward between us! I finally got up the courage.

"Hey Jack, about yesterday..." he looked at me and asked "What about yesterday?"

Really dude? really? You forgot about that kiss! I don't know how you forget something like THAT! "well I wanted to know if um... Well your brother asked if uh... You and I... are like... together."

Jack stopped and stared at me for what seemed like an hour. he finally answered "well that depends, if you want to be... A couple... then I guess it's a question for both of us to think about."

I already knew my answer, I couldn't really tell from his expression if we had the same answer or not it looked like a mix.

I went back to shooting and acted like it never happened which was by far the hardest thing to do! I was loading my bow when I heard a gun fire.

Jack and I shared a look and grabbed everything, grabbed our bikes and rode as fast as we could back to our street. I was freaking out! what if something happened to Grace or Ryan or Mom or Ms. Ellis?!

when we got to my house, We dropped our bikes and ran inside to find my sister under the coffee table with fear in her eyes.

I ran up to my bedroom to find the door open. I NEVER leave my door open! I walked quietly in to see my lock box open with the tiny door ripped open, I looked inside and all my money was gone.

I saw that the balcony door was open with the curtains flailing around in the breeze. I walked outside and screamed.

there was a masked man on the balcony, he wore all black garments and a ski mask that allowed you to only see the eyes.

the guy had a gun in his hand, I started to walk back to get away from him. he turned to Jack and hit him on the head hard with the handle of his gun.

"Jack no!!" he fell to the ground and was lying there unconscious. I wasn't sad, or scared, all I was was angry! but my face showed the robber different he started to chuckle at my reaction.

I backed away from him even further, he walked closer and closer to me I only backed a way farther. soon I knew that I would get to the end of the balcony.

When I felt the railing behind me, I knew it was either the end of me or well I didn't have an or! i was 99% sure I was going to die.

he got very close to me I could smell his breath, (it smelled like onions and rotten meat) he took out his gun and pressed it against my stomach.

I started to breath really heavy now. but he didn't shoot, he grabbed my arm and dragged me out of the house to the curb, now I was really freaking out!

a black van came up to us and the door opened revealing a man who looked like me a little... this must be the man who Grace and Ryan were talking about!

I thought about something for a second and I realized something

' no, that's impossible, he died when I was six!'

then the man in the van spoke up " Ah little Sadie Johnson, we meet again. oh how you've grown! tell me, do You know who I am?"

I didn't answer right away out of fear that I was right so I answered back bravely

" A bastard who should be dead?" a couple guys snickered under their ski masks, the man gave them a deadly glare, which shut them right up. "Well your so much like your mother! where is she any way?"

"You don't give a shit where she is or about her! If you truly did, you wouldn't have left! And that is none of your business where she is! Now let me go!"  the man looked at me very impressed with my bravery.

"ok enough chit-chat grab her!" my eyes were popping out of my head as three guys grabbed me, one grabbed my arms and tied them behind my back, I struggled and squirmed but it was no use, they were too strong.

another grabbed a piece of cloth and gagged me, the third one held the door open to the car. Next thing I knew I was plopped in the back seat of the van and they wrapped duck tape around my waist.

they slammed the door closed and I look over at the guy next to me with his gun pointing at me.

there was another row of robbers behind me, one guy looked over at me and hit me in the head, the next thing I knew everything went dark.