“Dear Jesus, give me strength,” I mumbled to myself before standing up and following his past footsteps towards the kitchen. I snatched the popcorn bag from his hand and folded it so it was somewhat closed again before stuffing it into the microwave and setting up the time. “The microwave pops it for us, remember?” I told him.

He smirked. “Microwaves have hammers?”

I lightly slapped his cheek in a playful manner, but on the inside I wanted to punch the high right out of him and go on a rant about his behavior. I know I’m not his mother, considering he’s always yelling at me that I don’t have that kind of power over him, but I’m still his best friend. I still genuinely care for his health and happiness. I know he’s always pushing me away but keeping inside his troubles won’t help him. They would only bubble up inside of him until he explodes, and then he’d really be done.

Ding!

The popcorn was ready and I saw Justin grab his head at the sound of the microwave beeping, as if he got a headache from it.

“Fuck,” he smirked, watching me open the microwave and take the popcorn out before pouring it into a bowl.

“Come on,” I sighed, handing him the bowl. “Let’s go watch a movie.”

He winked and nodded, heading straight back towards the living room. I followed behind him and we sat down on the couch again. We found a random movie to watch and about five minutes into the movie, Justin had already consumed all the popcorn.

“You were pretty hungry there,” I commented, chuckling to myself. Justin grinned and stretched his arms out before wrapping one around me.

“I was starving,” he breathed out, the smell of weed tickling my nose. I coughed twice before pretending I didn’t smell anything.

Around twenty minutes into the movie, Justin was already asleep on my shoulder. I had predicted all of it—that he was going to finish the popcorn quickly all by himself and then become sleepy straight afterwards. That’s how he is when he’s high. I also learned from Twist—who’s always hungry and thirsty when he’s high too. Justin just happens to be the sleepy kind.

I sighed for the billionth time and turned off the television before carefully maneuvering my way out of Justin’s grip on me. I replaced my spot with a large pillow and he adjusted quickly, resting his head on the cushion comfortably. I then carefully took his shoes off for him and placed them on the floor next to the couch. Running a hand over my face, I proceeded towards my room before pulling out my phone from my pocket.

---

[ Jackie’s POV: ]

I was stirring myself some coffee for Robin and I while she cooked pancakes. We were chatting about random things that morning before there was a comfortable silence and my phone rang. Confusion spread across my face and I looked at the caller I.D: