Major plot twist of life.

I inhale.
Terrified of what may come.
Roy's manly fingers unhook from the wheel. He turns to face me, wrapping himself around the side of the drivers seat, to look me dead in the eye.
'Are you okay?' Genuine concern blankets his face
'Yeah, I'm fine. You?'
'I'm good.'
'Good.'
He turns to face the windshield again.
'He hurt you. Didn't he?' His eye still stayed fixed on the glass screen.
Yes.
'No.' it's probably best if James father doesn't know that his son is such an arsehole, even though he knows that his son is a genuine prick.
His furrowed brow targets me via the rear view mirror. 'Yes. He did.'
Without noticing at first, I later realise that my scars on my arms and legs and eyebrow are are noticeable than ever. I sigh as he starts the car.
'Are you still with him?'
Personal.
'No, he took my apartment and I live at the Daniels mansion.'
'Oh I'm sorry. My son is an asshole. Well, he might not be now but, well I don't know. I don't know anything about him.'
I hope this is the way my parents feel about me. I hope they would want to meet me one day. I hope my mother will remember me. I hope that there is some reason they gave me up. A reason they left me alone in an adoption aha cue with kids that were all unfriendly rude and whiny. I hated most of them, I liked a boy but he didn't like me at all. He thought I was a lonesome weirdo.
True.
I cried almost every night after he yelled 'lonely blonde abortion attempt!' Across the lunch room, after the rumour had spread that I had liked him.
'Well Miss Penelope. Here we are.' The door was open and Roy gestured me to exit. I wobbled into him, and like a strong father, he helped me up. Our eyes met.
'I hope things get better.'
'You too.'
I left the Sudan and slowly, walked toward the group of chairs. After asking politely I sat next to a woman 11 years older than me atleast.
'Hi, bride or groom?' She asked.
Well...
'Groom. You?'
'Same.'
'How do you know him?'
'I was his sisters best friend.'
'Oh, I'm sorry for your loss.'
Although I do not know how it was lost.
'Thankyou.'
Ask
No!
Yes!
You suck brain.
'Do you mind if I ask how she died?'
'Suicide.'
Gosh, that would be so hard on a family.
'She became pregnant with her boyfriends child. But her boyfriend was a rude and abusive prick. Claudia didn't want to bring a person into the world who was half an abusive prick. But of course none of us knew that she was pregnant or in an abusive relationship.'
'Of course not.'
'Claudia was gorgeous.'
'Yes I have seen photos around Mr Daniels mansion. She is definitely model worthy.'
She laughed. 'Yes. I always thought so. Being Claudia she wouldn't believe me. It's sad that she chose that way out though. Instead of asking for help.'
'I agree, but I've been in the same boat. It's hard to tell people.'
'But your still alive, aren't you. You didn't have to leave the world.'
I have clearly upset her. She try's to ignore me. Clearly I have stepped over a line.
'I'm sorry, I didn't mean to-'
'It's okay. It's my fault. You know what it's not my fault. It's her stupid boyfriend.'
'Agree.' I smile, trying to make her frown turn upside down.
'What do you say, after the ceremony, we get drunk and take home the groomsmen?'
'Agree again.'
Music plays. The crowd stands up. Damian emerges out the front and Tiffany walks down the aisle, in, well I gotta be honest, the most over the top wedding dress I have ever seen.
'Geez.' The girl next to me whispers.
'I know right. Oh I'm Penelope b.t.dubs.'
'Oh I'm Blake.'
'Hi.'
'Hi.'
Damian looks gorgeous. He's not that excited like most people on their wedding day. Tiffany, well she is over the moon.
'You know what sucks the most?' Blake whispers.
'What's that.'
Intrigued.
'Damian knows what happened to his sister but he still uses her murderers father as their Sudan driver.'
'Yes. Yes, that would suck.'