Crown of thorns

I am shoved around the mansion-by Satans pitchfork with recently applied lipstick- to each room, and quickly jot each mural idea, colours and space. Then Damian directs me to the guest bedroom. It's styled black and white with small blue finishes. Damian points out the future feature wall and asks for a multi-shade blue fish surrounded by white bubbles with a matte black back ground. I quickly scribble it down and measure the space.
'That's all the rooms, bye now.' She is clearly scared of competition.
Question: You want to be a competition penny?
'Not yet. Um, this will be the space you'll live in until all the paintings are done, except when you paint this one, then you'll go into the second guest room.' Damian motions to the room.
Answer: yes.
Ms. Red Tomato tsks and stomps out the door.
'I should leave.' I shyly say, tucking my book in my bag.
'Oh, well I'll drop you off at your car then. And come 'round tomorrow?'
'Yeah. Sure.'
As I walk out the door Ms. Strawberry waits in the hallway and bends over as if I'm a child and waves like I'm a toddler.
'Bye bye now.' She smiles.
Wrap your hands around her anorexic neck.
Yet I smile and cutch at my back pack.
'Bye.' I sigh, wishing I could insult her somehow.
'I'm gonna drop her home.' Damian says closing the door for the bedroom. The Walking Chilli Pepper looks as if she has just lost the Miss Universe Award.
'But honey bunch,'
*gag*
'I thought we could, you know. I bought a special red costume for the occasion.'
*gag up intestines*
'Well,' he's obviously embarrassed, 'why don't you set up and I'll be back before you know it.'
Mate, wow.
                                                                           <#>
He drops me at old beauty and jumps out the car helping me with my bag.
'So what's her name?'
'Who?'
'Your girlfriend?'
'Oh, right Tiffany. Yeah her names Tiffany.'
Hoping for Gladice or Dilorice.
He places my bag on the passengers seat and shuts the door as I climb in. He comes to my window then leans on the door, real manly.
'Thanks for today.'
What was I supposed to say?
'I didn't do anything,' he chuckles again, music to my ears and I can't help but smile 'but bring your stuff tomorrow, your staying the night right?'
'Yeah, only if you want me too.' I start Old Beauty up and let her chug a bit.
'That's what I want.' He shows of his gorgeous straight teeth.
'Ok. Well. Tomorrow it is then.'
'Tomorrow it is.' He jumps back in the red Ferrari and waves good bye.
Shit
James will be home soon.
His car isn't here now though.
Thank god!
I grab my bag and take the elevator to level 3, and unlock the door.
Slowly.
As I peer around the corner,
Nothing.
Thank god, again.
I sit at the desk and think of ways to paint the crow for the master bedroom. I sketch a crow with his wings outstretched. With colorful splotches-sqeeeeeeeeaaak.
Damn you God.
I kinda hoped he was face down in a gutter somewhere. But I keep focused on my work.
'Penny.' He grunts.
I will now have to turn.
'Hey James.' I reach out and offer him a hug, but he clasps my collarbones and shoves me down on the bed. He then proceeds to smash the empty bottles in his six pack of beer against the wall each shard rebounding and flying at my body. I cover my face with my forearms.
One, two, three, four, five.
The last one has his fingers wrapped around the neck. I watch him drain the contents and smash again out of surprise. The neck bounces of the wall and cuts deep into my skin I wince as I pull it out.
He has given you worse.
'Oops.' He remarks sarcastically. 'You weren't here this morning.'
'I went for a wa-'
'BULLSHIT!' I straighten my back instead of flinching. 'Where did you go?' He asks.
'For a walk.'
Stars wink in front of my face, my jaw cracks.
'Where were you?' He repeats.
Ow, my jaw really hurts.
'I told you Hun, for a walk.'
Silence. I smile affectionately at him. His features are the opposite.
Angry?
He lunges at me. His fingers wrap around my neck and he sits on top of my waist.
'I'm sick of your lies Penny.'
He's got me like a beer bottle. Like a bottle, he kisses the top, takes off the label and then smashes me against the bed.