Part 42

Part Forty Two.

Jess' POV

I unfolded the paper to reveal a Sleeping with Sirens tour promo poster with one of the dates circled. My instant reaction was to look up at Kellin and ask "did you do this?". I knew he couldn't have when he gave me the exact same look. "No, why would I need to?" He replied. I shrugged before folding it back up and chucking it back at my bag. Kellin stood up and outstretched his arms, holding his hands out for me to take with a genuine smile on his face. I smiled back and placed my hands in his where he pulled me off the bed and started walking towards the glass doors in our hotel room. I watched as his face lit up like he had an idea, and I wasn't sure whether to question it or not, but I decided I wouldn't. He stepped out onto the balcony and carefully lifted me out as well, leaning against the railing, pulling me into his embrace.

We stayed like this a while, admiring the night sky before he leant down, catching me by surprise, and kissed me. I was caught completely off guard which made him smile before pulling away and staring deeply into my eyes. "I really do love you" he said sweetly, his gaze never leaving mine. A smile formed on my face before I said "and I really love you Kells". He grinned again before pressing our lips together once more, where we remained for a good few minutes. He pulled away and leant his head on mine, still holding me in his arms; the safest place I know of. "You tired?" he asked after a while of comfortable silence. Even though I slept earlier, the nightmare I had caused me to still feel extremely tired. I nodded lightly, ensuring that Kellin's head remained comfortably on mine. "Come on then" he said, releasing me from his grasp and grabbing my hand instead. He shut the door and climbed into bed, waiting for me to join him. I laid next to him, resting my head on his chest as he threw the sheets over us; why do most hotels have such annoying bedding? I happily allowed my eyes to close whilst Kellins arms were holding me in a warm embrace close to his body. The last thing I remember before falling asleep was Kellin kissing the top of my head and whispering "I love you".

Kellin's POV

I waited until I knew she was in a deep sleep before setting my plan into action. It was dark and warm, which was perfect for what I had planned. I carefully climbed out of the sheets, ensuring that Jess remained asleep. As I knew she was asleep, I looked at her hand because she couldn't protest in her sleep. It still looked painful but at least it's healed over. I pulled a lopsided smile and carefully placed her hand back on the bed before walking into the bathroom and shutting the door quietly. Checking the time I realised there was only a few hours before its likely to start getting light. I scrolled through my contacts, stopping at Toms name. I called his number and didn't have to wait long before he picked up. "Yeah Tom listen, can you run to a shop or something and buy loads of candles? I have a plan I want to try out" I said, cutting him off from his greeting. "Sure, when do you need them by?" he asked, did he really not catch on? "As soon as possible please" I replied, trying my best not to wake Jess up. "Okay, I'll go now" he said hanging up the phone. I walked back out of the bathroom and sat down on one of the chairs, waiting for Tom to get back with the candles.

Almost half an hour later Tom arrived back at the hotel and knocked on my hotel door. Before walking over my vision shot back to Jess, hoping that she didn't wake up to Tom's knocking. I opened it to see him standing with a bag full of small candles, which was perfect. "Thank you so much" I said as he handed me the bag. "What are they for?" he asked curiously. "I want to do something nice for Jess" I smiled. "Do you need help?" he asked genuinely interested. I guess I could use some help, it would get done quicker then. "Sure" I smiled back, gesturing for him to wait a minute. I grabbed one of the keys to my shared room and quietly closed the door. Tom and I practically ran down the stairs. Luckily my room was above the car park so we didn't have to worry about people interrupting, but I was going to need someone to wake Jess up if she doesn't wake up to her phone. I just hope she doesn't wake up until I need her to.

We started laying out the candles how I had planned in my head; luckily Tom knew how I wanted it to look because he can understand most instructions, hence why he's our manager. It didn't take long to set them up, now we just had the tricky situation of lighting them, which I left Tom doing whilst I got ready to ring Jess.

I dialled her number, and after a few seconds she picked up. "Kellin, where'd you go?" she said, still sounding half asleep. "Long story, but you're about to find out". I looked over at Tom who nodded at me with a cheesy smile over his face. "I want you to step onto the balcony for me" I said, my fingers crossed for good luck, hoping she would like the surprise I planned for her. "Why Kells? It's really early" she replied, a yawn evident in her voice. "Just do it, please, for me?" I pleaded. I heard her sigh before the balcony door opened, causing my vision to snap up. I watched as the phone fell out of her hands and she covered her mouth with her hands. Does she like it?

Jess' POV

I done as Kellin asked no matter how tired I was. I stepped out, my bare feet touching the cold floor. I looked over the railing and couldn't believe what was in front of me. Written in candles was 'I love you', with a happy-looking Kellin standing beside them. Out of shock I dropped my phone not caring that it hit the floor. Tears of happiness were rolling down my cheeks as I saw the kindest gesture ever done for me. I picked my phone up, realising that Kellin was still on the phone to me. "It's... I... I love it" I said, only just managing to get those words out my mouth. "I'm glad you do" he said, I could practically hear the smile that I could plainly see on his face. "I love you Kells" I said, returning the smile. "Love you too Jess. Can you take a picture of it before we blow them out?" he asked cheerfully. "Of course, are you coming back up now?" I asked, still not taking my eyes away from his. "After you've taken the photo" he replied, hanging up to allow this photograph to proceed. I opened up my camera app, making sure the picture was perfect before taking it. Looking at the picture made me smile more; the fact that you can see Kellin next to the many candles made me smile. I looked back down to see Tom and Justin blowing the candles out, which meant Kellin was on his way up. "Knock knock" he said, opening the door as he walked in. I instantly ran up to him, wrapping my arms around his neck in a warm embrace. "Did you like it?" he asked, smiling into my neck. "Of course I did" I replied, allowing the same smile to appear on my lips. "I mean it though, I love you" he said cheesily, pulling away from the hug and pressing his lips against mine gently. Once he pulled away I pressed our foreheads together and looked straight into his eyes, whispering the words "I love you too". He smiled back before picking me up and carrying me over to the bed where we watched a film, I have no idea what film it was but at least I was safe with Kellin.

~~~~

sorry for the short update
Listening to; Cunning, Not Convincing by Get Scared