Part 27

Part Twenty Seven.

Vic's POV

Visiting hours were now over but Kellin insisted on staying with Jess, even though we all had to be on the road in the morning. "Kellin are you sure you-" I was cut off by Kellin putting his finger over his lips, followed by him pointing to Jess, who was asleep; god she looked peaceful. What are you saying, she has Kellin! Pull yourself together Fuentes. I turned back to him and whispered "Kellin are you sure you're going to be alright?" He nodded simply before I continued. "When does she get released?" "When she feels up to it" he replied, curling into her side. "Well lets hope she feels well enough by tomorrow then, yeah? That way she can come with us and I can help you look after her" I said, and he smiled and nodded at me. "Thanks Vic, you're a true friend you know that" he said, causing a smile to form on my face. "Its what I'm here for Kells" I replied, turning around and leaving.

Kellin's POV

Vic left and it was just me and a sleeping Jess. I started singing to her;
'Stay for the night
If you want to
I could show you
What my dreams are made of
As I'm dreaming of your face
I've been away for a long time
Such a long time and I miss you there
I can't imagine being anywhere else
I can't imagine being anywhere else but here..."

I woke up the next morning and Jess was still asleep. I pulled my phone out of my pocket and saw some texts and calls that I had missed.
-Hey Kellin. We understand you want to be with Jess but we do need to get going this morning. I'm sorry but it's just a fact. We will collect you from the hospital at 10am. see you soon mate. Tom
What's the time now? Shit, it's 9:30. "Kellin?" I turned around and saw Jess sat up looking at me. I smiled and walked over to her, pulling her close to me. "I said I would never leave you and I never will, dont worry" I mumbled softly, still holding her. "By the way, the guys are coming to collect me in half an hour, do you feel up to touring with us? If not that's fine, I'll come and visit you on our days off" I asked, kissing the top of her head. "Of course I do" she smiled. "Let me go and get you released then. I don't want you leaving my side for a while, I want to keep an eye on you" I said, walking away smiling.

A few minutes later I walked back in to see Jess looking out the window. I walked up behind her and gently placed my hand on her shoulder, causing her to flinch and step away, until she saw the hurt on my face. "Sorry Kells, I panicked" she said with sorrow and apology, walking over to me as she pulled me into a long hug. "Okay, sorry I scared you" I replied, leaning down to kiss her passionately until there was a knock on the door. "Hello Jess. We just need to do a few tests and then you can be on your way. Are you family?" the doctor asked looking at me. "Boyfriend" I said, taking her hand as I brushed my thumb over her knuckles. "Would you be able to go back to hers and collect some clothes?" he asked politely and I nodded before looking back at Jess, pecking her lips before I walked out.

Jess' POV

Kellin left and I walked back over to the hospital bed and climbed up, sitting in a position I found comfortable. "Okay so Jess, how are you feeling today?" he asked, shining a bright light into my eyes. "Good actually, apart from my hand" I said, showing him my red hand. He looked down and stopped what he was doing, examining my hand. "Jess, this looks like it was done intentionally, did someone attack you last night?" he asked with a worried tone. I just shook my head, which was followed with a nod from him, as he grabbed a bandage and wrapped up my hand.

Kellin walked in a little while later with a bag of clothes, my brush and my makeup. He handed the stuff to me and went to sit down, but got pulled out of the room instead by the doctor.

Kellin's POV

"We examined an injury across Jess' hand, do you know what could have caused it? Its a pretty deep wound and looks like it may have been done intentionally, and if this is abuse, it needs to be reported as soon as possible" the doctor said, causing me to shake a little. "I haven't heard of anything but if I find anything out I'll be sure to report it" I said; I just lied to the man that potentially saved Jess' life. I walked back in and saw Jess was ready to leave. I walked up behind her as she was looking in the mirror and snaked my arms round her waist. "Hey baby" I whispered in her ear before resting my head on her shoulders. "Hey" she said turning around so I was facing her. We were about to kiss but the guys came rushing in. "We heard Jess was released!" Jesse screamed as he ran over to hug us. "Yeah, is it okay if she comes on the rest of the tour with us? Just so I can watch her" I asked, trying not to give away the danger she was in. "Alright Kellin but she's going to have to share your bunk, we have no spare ones" Tom said. "Are you alright with that?" I asked Jess, and she nodded and stood on her toes, pecking my lips. "For the record though, keep it pg" Gabe laughed.

~~~~

Listening to; Sleepwalking by Bring Me The Horizon