Part 17

Part Seventeen.

Jess' POV

My head was in a lot of pain, so were my ribs and Kellin seems more worried than my parents. It's not everyday you can say one of your favourite band members is tending to your injuries because you were stupid enough to get assaulted by some vaguely familiar people because you ran off. Kellin was leaning over the table to tend to the injury that was spread across my temple. He was so beautiful and helpful and caring, and my hero. I swear he was going to try something earlier, I wouldn't have stopped him, but it wouldn't make sense. Kellin Quinn and Jess Williams. It doesn't sound right... "Is that better?" Kellin asked with concern, interrupting my trail of thoughts with his soft, angelic voice. "Uh yeah, much better, thanks" I laughed awkwardly.

He leant back over the table to double check the dressing he had put on my head and I couldn't help but smile, I think I like him, and I mean, like like him, and not just some fangirl kind of way, I mean actual full on, have feelings towards him. That couldn't be good, right? I'm just a fan who got lucky and had some of her heroes offer to hang out with her. That was quite coincidental though. "What're you thinking about?" Kellin asked, smiling a childish grin at me with a smirk plastered across his face.

Kellin's POV

I still couldn't believe someone had done this to her, she's so beautiful and now she had a head injury which I somehow feel slightly responsible for; it wasn't my fault but I knew she was in pain, I could see her wincing every time I touched the wound. The dressing I had ever so skilfully applied looked sufficient enough I think. It was covering the wound and should stay on, even when she was asleep. "Is that better?" I asked, noticing that I had stopped her from sitting in deep thought; whatever she was thinking about must have been nice because she had a cute smile pulling at her lips the whole time. "Uh yeah, much better, thanks" she replied; that awkward laugh was adorable, why did Jack have to walk in at that moment that I could have made perfect? Speaking of which, I wonder where Oli is, I needed to have words with him; I was 110% sure this was his fault.

I leant over again, just to check the dressing, and in all honesty, to get slightly closer to Jess; she might have been injured, but she was still adorable. I looked at her arms to check for any noticeable bruising and saw nothing, but her other arm was clutching onto her chest, round about where her ribs were, oh right, they kicked her. How could I forget? Perhaps I should ask if she wants a pain killer or something?

She was obviously in deep thought again and the face she was pulling just made me want to laugh. "What're you thinking about?" I asked, pulling the cheesiest smile I could, and she automatically turned to look at me. "Oh it's nothing" she giggled awkwardly once again. "Are you sure?" I asked, raising an eyebrow whilst trying not to make her laugh, but obviously I failed and she started laughing. Oh god her laugh is the cutest thing ever, I couldn't stand this any longer and I didn't care if I would regret it or lose a possible friend from this. I leant in closer to her and pressed my lips against hers in a soft and swift motion, and waited to see how she reacts. What have I just done... I really hope she's not mad at me for this; it all felt right, and I knew I had fallen hard for this girl, however wrong that was.

Vics POV

Jess and Kellin had been in there a while; I knew he was trying to help her out and everything but jeez, does it really take this long? I looked over at Oli and automatically thought about how Kellin said it could be his fault that Jess ran off, and I decided to have words with him to pass the time. "How are you holding up?" I asked him, trying to sound polite. "Yeah I'm good, I'm just worried about Jess" he replied, staring at his red converse. "You and me both kid. You wouldn't happen to know why she ran off from me when I went to pick her up would you? When you and Kellin followed" I asked, trying not to hint that he was a suspect in my questioning. "I might but I'm not positive so let's just drop it, yeah?" he asked, and that just gave me more reason to believe that it was in fact his fault...

~~~~

Listening to; Stay Away From My Friends by Pierce the Veil