Getting Impaled Sucks

(A/N: exclusive list of facts about Finland in the A/N! Feel free to make a own one! This chapter is dedicated to )

I was spinning through nothing, but at the same time everything. Flashes of faces and places, spinning in front of my eyes, until a searing pain hits me. Suddenly I'm lying on a cold stone floor a tall dark figure standing over me. A gunshot is fired and a searing pain shoots through my shoulder, until the scenery changes.

I'm chained to a tree pole, my upper body bare. My whole back feels like it's burning, my breath is rugged in my throat and the chains are cutting into my wrist. I scream out in pain as a whip suddenly cracks over my back. "Not so tough anymore are you?" I hear the voice that haunts my nightmares say. But just as I'm about to spit out an answer, the air is stolen from my lungs and the world turns freezing cold.

I wriggle, trying to escape my cold prison but something is pushing me down. Just as I think I'm about to black out, someone pulls me up by my hair. "Tell us their location" he hisses in my ear. "Never" I say, but it comes out more as a whimper. I'm plunged back into the water, and this time I know he's not going to pull me up.

But then, I see her face in front of me. Her bright strawberry red hair floats around her face, making a beautiful frame around her lovely green eyes. She's like the sun, chasing the cold away, relaxing my body, leaving me there floating peacefully. I reach one hand towards her, but just as I'm inches from touching her cheek, her face changes. Her ears grow pointier, her young face gets more angular, older, almost ancient. And her lovely sparkling green eyes, grow cold and distant as a glacier.

I wake up with a gasp, cold sweat coating my body. Looking around frantically I notice I'm lying in a wide hospital bed, in a room that looks like some sort of hospital wing or hospital. Al is sleeping in a uncomfortable looking position in a big loveseat next to my bed. A tender smile tugs at the corners of my lips as I look at her sleeping. But then the memory of my dream, and how her eyes turned stone cold hits me. I suddenly really need to curl up next to her, and make sure she's real, safe and not going anywhere.

So I try to sit up, but only halfway up pain shoots through my chest. I cry out weakly as pure pain shoots through my back and chest. But my sudden noise wakes Al up with a start, making her almost fall out of her chair. Her clumsiness makes me chuckle, but I quickly stop as pain shoots again through my chest. Man I hate being injured.

As soon as she is stably on her feet, Al rushes over to me and presses a cool palm against my burning forehead. I sigh in pleasure, only now realizing how warm I am. "You okay?" Al asks softly, her forehead creased with worry. I just smile lazily back at her, admiring the way stray hairs have fallen down from her messy bun, and are now slightly curling around her cheeks. "What are you doing here?" I whisper back, just starting to remember why I'm here.

Al lets out a bark of laughter, more relived sounding than amused. "Amy, you were tossed around by a god, thrown into a wall, which broke two of your ribs and fractured four more of them. And then, to top it all of, that little rat shifted the broken rib so it punctured your spleen-" she takes a shuddering breath, and from the shine in her eyes I can see she's about to cry. "I was so worried when I got the call" she whispers and I know exactly what she means.

"Hey" I take her hand and squeeze it comfortingly, she squeezes back, seemingly calming down a bit. "I'm okay. Your okay. Nobody got badly hurt, nobody died. What happened in Budapest will never ever happen again". She nods wiping her eyes on her shirt sleeve. She still has her work clothes on, a white button up and a nice pencil skirt, but now they were all wrinkled, indicating that she had had them on for a long time.

"Come here" reaching my arm out to her I gently pull her down on the bed beside me. I'm really glad it's bigger than a normal hospital bed or it would not have been so good for my ribs. After carefully lying down next to me, Al puts her harm gently around me and we just lie there in silence, enjoying each others company.