Part 18- Mettahearing

I hope so too."I reply

I watch as she gets up, "okay, I'll wait here for you"
I watch as she leaves the room....

A minute or two later....

I look around the room, sitting there, moving my legs while I wait....

Another couple minute or so pass by....

I had stopped moving my legs.
I sigh, looking at my feet....

...

I perk up, thinking of something.
I smile slightly before I begin to hum.

I begin to sing quietly. But soon I sing a bit louder as I sit up and stand, doing some movements.

Mettaton curiously peaks his head around the corner to hear who's singing, but remains silent, since he doesn't want to interrupt.

I am singing the song reflection..

Look at me
I will never pass for a perfect bride
Or a perfect daughter
Can it be
I'm not meant to play this part?
Now I see
That if I were truly to be myself
I would break my fam'ly's heart...

Mettaton continues to watch, curious, he had not heard a human sing so well.

Who is that girl I see
Staring straight
Back at me?
Why is my reflection someone
I don't know?
Somehow I cannot hide
Who I am
Though I've tried
When will my reflection show
Who I am inside?
....
When will my reflection show
Who I am inside?"

I sing, finishing. I smile to myself and go back to humming. I go back up the back, running my hand/my fingers skimming across the wall as I walk.

*My, Darling, you've got quite the  talented voice. You been practicing?

I freeze and gulp.
I recognized the voice. It was the guy from earlier...mettaton.

I slowly look back. "N..not really heh...." I say nervously.

I..I do p..practice but I..im not that g..good"

*Come now, beauty, don't discredit yourself, you're quite good at what you do.

N...no I..im really not that great...."

I take a step away."heh....well I should be going n..now....heh..." I go and slip right down, hiding under the bed again.

He pulls you out again,

*Hey, has anyone ever told you it's rude to run away from someone who's talking to you? Come with me a moment. Someone needs a lesson in confidence.

I flinch and yelp softly...I struggle and squirm when im pulled out.

"I..i'm sorry"

" no no t..thats okay you really don't have to d..do that s..sir"I say very nervous.

*It's my obligation as a fellow singer to at least give you some pointers.

He puts you down on the shelf you were on before.

*Now, let's see, first things first, you need a proper outfit...

I feel him stand up fully, I begin struggling again.

I take a step back when I'm put down.

"Wait-W..What?!? A...an outfit?..." I say. I wrap my cloak around me

After searching, he finally comes up with several different outfits, all made for dolls, but they all look like they'll fit you.

*Oh, no worries, I won't look at you while you're changing, I'm not indecent.

*Anyway, I, uh... I'm not too sure on your gender or anything, and I'm not about to take your robe off, so... Mind telling me a bit about yourself?
(Its a cloak, not a robe, I know. XD)

I..it's a cloak."

...t...theres n..not much Too see...I..im not p...pretty or anything" I say

*Come now, clearly someone needs a boost in self esteem, I'm sure you look great.

I..im j..just shy is all...."

"But I will tell you the b..basic things about me...."

"My name is Samantha" I say and do a small curtsey

He smiles,
*Nice to meet you, you're quite well mannered. I'm the fabulous Mettaton, the most famous celebrity in the entire underground.

C...celebrity?" I say nervously, becoming even more shy
I quickly look away.

"W...why w...would you w..waste your t..time w..with s..some like.me? S..shouldnt you be....ya know, out there performing?"I say

*Oh? No one said a celebrity can't have downtime. Besides, look at you, something tells me you have potential.

Thats true..."

P..potential? Potential for what? "

*Stardom.
He says, waving his hands around a bit, jazz hands to be exact. XD

*I can see it now, your name, up in lights!

My eyes widen. I gulp.
"S....stardom?.." I say

"Heh....well thats flattering but I don't think that will happen ...heh.."

*Come now, don't put yourself down, you've got the potential for it! All you need is the confidence to make it happen.

I..its not that easy.... Heh...trust me I know. But anyway..." I say, trying to change the subject.

" I..im 17 years old and my favorite color is blue"

*Blue, hmm? Alright, hold on a moment, let's see if we have something in that color... No guarantees, though, I wasn't prepared beforehand...

He starts rummaging through the drawer again to find something fitting for you,

*Um... What kind of blue, a light blue, a darker one, or something in the middle?

*I only ask because I've got nothing here, I'll need to sew you something completely new.

Y..you don't need to d..do that for me"

My cloak and clothes are f..fine"

*Come on, please?
He asks,

*I don't get many excuses to sew these days... Well, not for other people anyway.

....well... I guess I could use new clothes..... Since im gonna be down here for a while"i say

*Yes, now come on, let's get you into something nice, something MUCH more suiting.

He offers his hand, so he can carry you.

I slowly step on and sit down in his palm.

He gently picks you up, carrying you to his dressing room, which was a really far ways away, located in... Well it's a hotel that seems to be deticated to him! Anyway in the dressing room was extremely fancy, littered with all sorts of exotic materials.

I was still nervous about what mettaton was planning.
Once we arrive, I look around in awe.
"Woah.."

He smiles warmly,
*What do you think? Glamorous, isn't it?

"Y..yeah" I say as I slowly nod, still looking around