19

The storm blew throughout the day; everyone had done their duties and went under the deck. They didn't have a place to go or be so they were letting the ship drift along the washing waves that splashed against the hull of the ship. It was so dark outside from the density of the clouds no one could tell if it was day or night. Another reason everyone went below the deck, if the clouds where to break and it were day light the whole crew would parish.

As the wind howled outside rocking the boat harshly, Rune laid beside Azhar under the sheets. A simple candle illuminated the room with a soft glow, her head laid on his chest as he ran his hand through her hair. His features softer but they always were when it came to this girl, his eyes trailed over her as a thoughtful look came over her face.

"Azhar, what did they do to you... your parents...?" she asked trailing off tracing along his chest. He let out a small sigh; he was waiting for this question to arise. Grunting slightly as he pulled her closer to his side as a large wave splashed against the ship jarring it.

"My parents, they did a lot of things. I was never the perfect child, rebellious of you will. It all depended on what I did wrong in their eyes, there was a different punishment for it. It would range from them starving me too well staking me to almost death." He told her, a frown planted upon her lips as she traced the scar that lay on his chest lightly with her fingertips.

"This, is this from Galahad or something else? Your parents perhaps?" she asked him before she leaned in to press a light kiss to the cooled skin he held. He watched her, his expression softening even more; he had never had anyone to care this much about him.

"No that actually was from Arab. During his first change, I was trying to put him in a cage to stop him from massacring others and killing himself. The change was much faster than I had anticipated... he clawed me across my chest flinging me, I did manage to get him in the cage, though." He told her, reaching down to take her hand and kissing the top of it.

Suddenly a loud ear-piercing bang rung through the air shaking the stillness from it, the sound of splintering wood came in right behind it. The force jerked the whole ship and flinging Rune and Azhar both from the bed, he managed to grab her and cushioned her hit into the wall.

"What the hell was that!?" she cried out obviously shaken up, she looked up at him. Azhar's face scrunched up in slight discomfort from the hit before he inhaled sharply only to narrow his eyes. A growl escaped him as his fangs shot down at the stench. Shooting to his feet and sat Rune on the bed, moving in a swift blur he got dressed. He walked over to grab his sword as eyes began glowing upon turning to Rune.

"You are to stay in the cabin do you hear me Rune. You are not to leave no matter you may hear or whatever happens to me or anyone else. You are not to step out period!" he told her before he walked over to her, loud yelling sounding deep in the ship as the others began to awake and move out to the deck. Foolish is what they are, they were risking their lives due to no one knowing what time it was. If the clouds were to break and the sun shone upon them they would all decease. Rune's heart was pounding in her chest, thumping hard against her rib cage. She looked up at Azhar gripping the sheet to cover her bare body.

"Azhar, you can't expect..." she went to say but he cut her off with a kiss. Not like any other ones she had given her before. He kissed her like it was the last time his lips would ever touch hers again, the last time he was ever going to. Pulling away and looking at the door, his eyes glowing brighter with the more emotions that ran through his body, and then he looked back at her.

"Rune listen to me, if, no there is no if, when something happens. Don't let him get you; there is a dingy once you get out of here. I know you can you are a smart girl. Take it and get as far away from this place as you can, they can't have you." He said before he moved to the door. Tension in the air heart shattering as she watched him suddenly disappear to the other side and latch it from that side with a thump, she had no clue what going on. Besides the ship was under attack and that someone wanted her, her mind racing so fast she couldn't put it together at the moment on who it was.

Azhar stood on the outside of the door for a moment before disappearing out on the deck. Other crew members gathered on it as the storm raged on, but not as harsh as it once had been. Azhar appeared next to Arab, his hair blowing in the wind and his eyes narrowing at the upcoming ship.

"They don't shot up tha barracks Azhar we already are short three men." Arab told him with a bone chilling tone to his voice. This news made an angry snarl leave Azhar's lips.

"Men don't let them live we aren't giving in this time, this is our territory! Let us show them and take it back!" Azhar yelled out over the howling wind. The whole crew was shaken up but they all understood that this was the time to fight and give it their all.

"Yes sir!" they called out as the rain pelted down in a thick sheet on the ship. Lighting outlining Galahad's ship, the closer it got, the air got thicker. Everyone was on edge; they knew there was a disadvantage point tonight. The only reason they would have come is because the moon is full and they are at full strength. It all came back to Rune, they took her from Azhar, tried to change her, followed them and her, and now they have come to take her back.

"Not over my dead body can he have the girl." Azhar snarled to himself. Another loud bang sounded, they shot another cannon ball at the ship causing another massive hole. The force causing the crew to lose their footing and fall onto the deck, having trouble from the rain making it slick, one by one got back up.

"He's tryna kill us? What in tha hell is he attakin' us for..." Arab trailed off stumbling and regaining his balance, he looked over at Azhar who began to draw his sword.

"Your thought and look tell me that you know exactly who they are here for, Rune that is who they want." Azhar said walking up to the wall of the ship baring his fangs at them and their ship. Arab's eyes widened, he followed after Azhar and looked out against the raging sea.

Their ship dropped its anchor to stay put itself the closest it could. Ropes being grabbed by the rivaling side so they could swing over and storm Azhar's deck. They wielded their swords preparing for the bloody war ahead of them.