16

Rune woke up the next night and looked over to see Azhar still out, his arm tucked around her. She let out a small grunt trying to pull away from the man's arms before she toppled to the ground with a quiet thud. She stood up and looking at him and went to grab some clothes and putting them on.

"Sorry captain I slept all day I need to be on the deck again." She whispered while managing to get the old pants to fit her and one of his shirts before walking out. She stopped and looking at his hat in the floor, she smirked as she picked it up, placing it on her head and continuing on. The night was cool as she stepped out onto the deck, the crew was working as they normally did but she walked out unphased by them and holding the captains mark on her neck proudly. Her boots hit the deck with small thunks as she walked along it; the nightly sea breeze fluttered her hair behind her which was down for once on board.

Arab was over by one of the sails repositioning it and tying it when she spotted him, she let a small smile form on her lips.

"Do you ever sleep Arab?" she said upon walking over to him, he jerked slightly not expecting her out on the deck this early.

"Oh, of course I do Ayo, if I didn't then I wouldn't be able ta function. I catch a bit o' shut eye randomly when I am workin' durin' tha day and most at night." He said to her as she walked up to fix the messy knot he had tied on the hold.

"I just feel bad because you do everything pretty much for Azhar and well the crew." She retorted turning to him. He stopped and looked at her somewhat confused.

"I'm guessin he didn't tell ya this morning?" he said, she returned the equally puzzled look and shook her head, but she was curious to what he should have.

"Told me what Arab, he told me he well... he had feelings for me but nothing after that." she explained, Arab went to say something just as Azhar himself walked up, snatching his hat off her head. Rune turned to him and gave him an impish grin in return she got a scowl from him as he put it on.

"No Arab, we got a little busy and well she decided to leave me in the cabin. It would be best if you both came back to the cabin with me so I can explain." He sighed lifting Rune up and throwing her over his shoulder and swatting her behind. She blushed hard and huffed out scowling as she kicked her legs.

"What the hell you giant oaf, get your greasy paws off me! I am capable of walking!" she yelled at him, he on the other hand chuckled and completely ignored her request. Him and Arab made their way back to the cabin. Azhar tossed her to his bed causing her to bounce as he went to sit in his chair, Arab was the last one to come in and he just closed the door and leaned on it.

"Rune, I have a question for you. Last night when I told you that you weren't a wolf, did you have any questions perhaps? I preoccupied your time." he asked with a smirk, she rolled her eyes at him and moved to sit at the end of the bed.

"Yes a major one, Arab mentioned he was a wolf and you a vampire. Why don't you hate each other if that is the case with Galahad?" she asked them looking between them and leaning back on her arms, quite curious of the outcome.

"That I am lil' lass, I am a Lycanthrope, but ya see there is a story behind why me and Azhar are like this." He said holding his two fingers up and twisting them together.

"Well you see Arab was actually changed when he was little, he may have been about ten or so. You wondered why Galahad wanted him; it was him who changed him." Azhar explained to her clasping his hands on his desk, looking at her. He was slightly tense and uncomfortable about telling her or even more so just talking about it, but he needed to. Rune's eyes widened in surprise looking between them, she wasn't sure what she was more curious about, him knowing Azhar that long or how everything happened.

"He was just then when he boarded your ship... Did he tell you this?" she asked him, they shook their heads and both sighed.

"Rune, that's another thing. I haven't always been a pirate. I am actually well a Royal blood vampire; I come from a rich family." Azhar said before moving things around on his desk in discomfort.

"A royal... blood? What are you a pirate then and what the hell does that have to do with Arab, this doesn't make any sense." She blurted out causing Azhar's face to blank as he looked at her. Rune quickly silenced herself and tensed slightly almost regretting saying it like that.

"My true name is Azharis Vaduva; first and only son and child to the Vaduva royal blood line that should explain to you why I am properly held and talk correctly. Arab, when we were younger, I hate to say it like this but its how it was, Arab was my livestock or personal blood bank. Before he was changed into a lycan that is, but I will never forget that day." He said, mumbling the last part and trailing off staring into space.

"Ya see Ayo, my parents were dirt poor n' thought if they gave me away ya his family I would have a better life. Admittin' I did, Azhar and me got real close in that time. Then Galahad n' his men attacked tha town we was livin' in. I had went ta go see me parents and when I walked in ta tha house he had killed'em dead. Since I was a wee boy n' smelled of vampire fold he didn't kill me. Nah, he decided ya bite me and leave me there ta make me suffer. I passed out n' woke back up in Azhar's house..." Arab told her, but he was cut off by Azhar.

"Now let me just explain my parents. They wanted me perfect, pushed me into things I didn't want to do. If I wouldn't do them I would get massive punishment, Arab, he was the only one that kept me sane in a hard time. when they figured out he was changed they wanted to kill him! He was and is so much more than a blood bank to me; he was my friend, more like my brother. The only real family I had. So I took him and we ran. We lived on the streets for a whole before I decided I wanted to be a pirate. How I got this ship was I drained the guy who owned it. We took it and build our crew now here we are." Azhar said drumming his fingers on his desk not looking at her. She stared at them in astonishment before she smiled softly and laughed in the same softness.

"Azhar, Azharis... I don't care of your past, yours either Arab. I grew up on the streets also. You may hate it, but your past is what made you who you are. My captain and you my shipmate Arab." She said slipping from the bed and standing up. He looked at her with a blank look again this time leaning on his hand.

"Oh I am just your captain Rune is that all I am to you?" he asked her raising his eyebrow. She looked at him and walked over to him and stepped between him and hugged him. This was the only thing at the moment that came to her mind to do.

"Listen, you know I am no lady, well high class lady. I am no romanticist either..." she said to him looking up at him. His eyebrow still cocked up and he shifted his eyes down to hers. He had no clue what she was doing, but he liked it. He would never admit it though to anyone. Arab saw it though and let out a faint chuckle at them.

"But I know when I say something I mean it. I love you and I will stay by your side no matter what. I never believed in love before but I would go through hell for you. For god sakes you went after me then in my fear of being a wolf or lycan, you were going to find someone to see if they could reverse the ritual. That is the thing that really showed me that you cared. You act so harsh but you still do care, but in different ways." She told him in a serious voice. His face quickly falling into shock as she pulled away and turned to the door.

"But you get the point, I love you. Now if you will excuse me I have things to do on the deck. Its my ship too no matter what I am or who I am." She waved her hand at them in a dismissing fashion and walked out. Her hair swaying the same as her hips, Azhar watched her leave with a smirk.

"Damn I don't think I could have chosen a better woman." He chuckled; Arab rolled his eyes but nodded in agreement.

"Ya might wanna be careful mate; soon she'll be runnin' that ship. Oh n' captain, we are runnin' out of supplies already." Arab called out walking out to head on the deck.

"Then I think itstime we headed to port and see what our little siren can do for us/" He saidwith another faint chuckle, looking down at his desk to look at the map lookingfor the best course to hit their supplies run.9Fg