15

The ship rocked slightly from the nightly sea breeze as the waves splashed along it. Rune shot up in bed and looked around, her hand moved up to her neck in panic not sure if last night was real or just a dream. A simple bandaged wrapped around her neck sure enough covering fang marks, her fingers ghosted over the marks and hissed out in slight discomfort. Dropping her shaking hand she stared at the door in disbelief.

"He... is one of them... too... what...?" she asked herself confused, she knew only of one thing right now she had to get away from him. If she wasn't going to die by Galahad's hands it was going to be his, so much has went on she can barely process it. It didn't matter how much he meant to her he almost killed her in a matter of minutes. Rune went to flip the blanket off her and looked down. One of his shirts clothed her body, a darker red one this time as it hung open revealing her underwear and crudely fashioned wrappings on her chest. Creaking sounded from the hallway making her head shoot up as the door opened to his cabin, Arab and Azhar walked in with a plate full of iron rich foods.

"Good evening Rune, we docked and did some running but you were too out to even stir so we went without you, my apologies." He said in his sarcastic voice he always held when they were around each other. She didn't register it and looked between them and reached over without any hesitation and grabbed his lamp, throwing it as hard as she could at him.

"Get back; get away from me your just like that other guy! Y...you fucking bit me you gi...giant leech!" she screamed at him as Azhar caught the lamp one handed, handing Arab the plate and looking at him blankly.

"I told you she was going to react this way now did I not?" he said to him setting the lamp down and walked forward toward the edge of the bed.

"Wrong Rune, I am a vampire where Galahad was a wolf. How rude of you to compare me to him." He said to her with his eyes narrowed. She stopped and glared at him and scooted as far away from him as she could. Her eyes dropping to make sure there were no shackles on her.

Are you serious; are there others I need to know about? Maybe, I don't know something that won't try to drain me after I just got done being changed into a damn mutt!" She screamed at him again as she pulled her knees to her chest, hiding behind them. Arab looked at her offended and touched his free hand to his chest.

"Feisty words lass, ya know all wolves ain't like that blubberin' idiot. I take resentment ya that ya know?" he said to her, her head snapping over to him with a crease folding in her brow at his comment.

"Wait... wait... you're a wolf Arab, is that why you were out on the deck during the day... so that means..." she trailed off as her eyes widened in realization, the whole ship was a crew of vampires and she called them all lazy.

"You know I did say we weren't a normal ship didn't I, but I must know are you done throwing your fit?" he asked her stepping closer to the bed.

"You, not steps closer or... I will... kill you! You're the one that tried to drain me, what am I going to be a vampire and a werewolf now?" she yelled at him, he looking at her and let out a sigh.

"And I take that as a no, it's what I do. Your little comment there is highly unlikely Rune. Something happened to the ritual to stop you from becoming one." He said, Rune's confusion grew more at this point. She wanted to know how they knew for sure, did they test it? They couldn't have the moon isn't full unless she had been out longer then she had been aware of.

"How the hell do you know, you can't be sure I am not a wolf..." she managed to get out before Azhar interrupted her shoving the plate into her hands and setting at the foot of the bed. She was hesitant but took it, her mouthwatering at the smell of it. Azhar looked down at her as she turned her head up to catch his stone gaze, now softer than it ever has been.