14

Days had passed, Rune laid in Azhar's bed tossing and turning from what had happened. Mumbling incoherently about killing something and the moon, Arab and him had switched over positions to watch her. Making sure something didn't happen and trying to decipher the broken puzzle that left her lips.

Rune's eyes snapped open as she sat up suddenly and let out a shaky breath, her hair was sticking to her clammy forehead. The room around her darkened as she looked around, trying to get her eyes to adjust to the darkness then she recognizing the surroundings, her eyes widened in grief.

"No, no I'm... on his ship... Azhar really took me back... even after..." she trailed off covering her mouth; she then noticed the bed suddenly jostle beside her. Her eyes moved to gaze at the man lying next to her. Azhar was laying on his side, he rolling to set up letting out a tired grunt.

"Rune... you're awake finally..." he said with a yawn. His black hair was messy and his eyes gave off an unsettling glow as he looked her over. His features holding genuine concern and sadness with a hint of regret, but there was a new emotion in there she couldn't distinguish. He reached his hand up to cup her cheek, caressing it with his rough callused thumb, she found herself leaning into his touch. She couldn't look at him; he just made a mistake pulling her back with him. After all she was no longer the human he used to know.

"Azhar... why did you... you don't even know what happened, I... I shouldn't be here with you... its too risky!" she cried out, her eyes misting up as she looked him over taking him in, her eyes almost drinking in his appearance. Even though, she was somewhat confused on why they were sharing a bed, but right now that wasn't her priority, at the moment she had mixed feelings about being back everything inside her felt mixed up. He pulled his hand away and shook his head as he looked down at her, his expression becoming torn and more worried. She was better and now saying it was too risky for her to be here, to be with him?

"Rune I don't have any clue what you are talking about... what is too risky? I don't understand and you won't tell us so we are all lost in your puzzle right now!" he told her swallowing hard, his throat parched but he ignored it. Rune looked down into her lap, gripping the blanket, what was going to come out of her mouth was going to make her seem crazy to him but he needed to know.

"Galahad... he's a werewolf I...I had no clue those things even existed! He... he..." she trailed off swallowing hard as she began to shake and tear up from the thought. Azhar looked her over and became angry, not for her but for Galahad. Whatever he did to her actually traumatized her, this once strong woman that held her own on a pirate ship. He shook his head, snapping him from his thoughts before he took a deep breath and replied.

"I know what he is Rune, but that doesn't tell me what he did let alone condone it." he said slowly looking down at her. Rune's eyes widened once more, her head snapping up to face him.

"You... you knew? Matchy... he was supposed to take... Arab not me... I don't know why..." she said with a vacant look staring off. Azhar snarled and shook his head before he moved to stand; he was just in his underwear. Likewise with Rune, her chest was in light wraps but that was all that covered her, they changed her because she was so feverish and soaked her other clothing. Azhar placed his hand where his scar was across his chest.

"is that all?" he asked her in an off irate tone that wasn't directed at her. She shook her head and stopped slightly, she was trying to think of how to explain it.

"he... he did this ritual... u...under the moon... he said to turn me into one of them, s...so you would never want me or lay your hands on me again... then he left... me for you... to find so I can kill you when it comes time! You fell right into his trap! Azhar, you need to let me go... or you need to kill me..." she said turning away from him showing off her scraped back from the rock she was tied to, his eyes wandered over her as they widened more.