Chapter 35

Chapter 35

I walk up the steps to Jess' apartment and walk in, her body immediately hugging me.

"What's wrong babe?" she asks, wiping some tears from my eyes.

"It's Harry; he is in prison for four years."

"Oh my god. Well, you can stay with me. I have an extra room."

"Thank you so much Jess."

I hug her tighter and she takes me to the living room. I sit down and she walks to the kitchen, grabbing some tea off her stove. She hands me a mug and I take it, thanking her.

We catch up on stuff, but all I can really think about is Harry. I need him to be with me. I am so scared for him, considering we found out the demon isn't gone, merely absorbing more into him. If I am with him, the demon is afraid. It's weird but I think it's funny. Yesterday we looked up one of the ways to get the demons out, and that is revealing himself into the sun without the ring.

I nearly had a heart attack when he yelled. I quickly pulled him back into the house before anything could happen, but he was fine last night because he wanted to make love to me before he went after Josh.

"Do you think he will come back to me?" I ask Jess.

She laughs and nods. "At anything, he should be more worried that you are going to leave him."

I smile and she turns on the TV, Friends appearing on the screen. I finish my tea and place it on the table, relaxing on her couch and eventually falling asleep.

~~~

2 weeks later

I am not allowed to visit Harry. Not at all. I left the courthouse and came back to Jess'. I started eating almost everything in her cabinets and she just laughed. The past few days I have been eating everything. I am hungry all the time and she finds it funny.

All I have been doing is sitting on the couch, writing, and watching TV. I haven't applied for a job yet and I don't know if the opportunity will come for me to. I just don't want to go out now that I don't have Harry.

I have stayed up late the past few days and I am staying up late again, feeling my body relax more if I do so. I place my chips down and go to brush my teeth. Jess is fast asleep and I quietly walk to my room. I crawl into the covers and let my feelings go, crying myself to sleep again.

I wake up to a horrible stomach ache, my stomach doing flips. I run to the bathroom and throw up. I feel all of the food I have eaten the past few days come up. I feel disgusting, my body overheating. My hair is tugged back and Jess pats my back.

"Are you okay?"

I shrug my shoulders and throw up again. I stand up and she looks at me.

"I have a question to ask you."

I nod and she smiles.

"Did you have sex before he left?"

I nod and her smile grows, my realization growing.

"Pregnant."

She nods and I feel my head spinning. I can't be pregnant. He used a condom. Maybe it broke.

"It's okay Mack. I will help you."

I hug her and she returns it, rubbing up and down my back.

"He will accept you and the baby. Don't worry; I know he will do anything for you."

I smile and nod. She lets me go and I walk out of the bathroom, changing my clothes and grabbing my keys. I say goodbye and run to the drug store, picking up a pregnancy test. I drive back to Jess' and she sits on the couch anxiously. I run to the bathroom and take the test, waiting for the result.