Chapter 27

"The most dangerous people are the ones we fall in love with the easiest." -Unknown

Chapter 27

I wake up and look around, noticing I am in the motel room. I look to see John sitting on his bed, shirtless, tying his boots.

“Are we doing anything today?”

He looks up at me and smiles.

“Whatever you want to do.”

I smile and get up, my jeans and tank top still on my body. I go to the bathroom and wash my face, pulling my hair into a ponytail. I walk out and John stands up, showing off his insane abs, but Harry’s are better.

“You know, I can’t take you anywhere.”

“I figured.”

He laughed and brought me in for a hug. I felt him place his hand on my back and pull my close.

“You know Harry isn’t good for you.”

I look up at him and he smiles. “What are you talking about?”

“He can’t protect you from everything.”

I just look at him and feel my mind spin. What is going on?

“He is protecting me right now. He sent me away from him so I would be protected.”

“Ah, but he made a stupid mistake.”

He reached behind him and grabbed a cloth.

“You see, after Hector, I was next in line for leader. Your boyfriend called the leader to watch you.”

The next thing I know is the cloth is placed over my nose and I feel loopy. I look at John and he smiles.

“Sweet dreams beautiful.”

John POV

I hold Mack and lift her up. How did I possibly let her go? I could have been her boyfriend and saved her. But no. Harry Styles, world’s biggest asshole, has her.

I carry her to my car and make my way to the old building. I drive and feel everything take impact. She is going to die because of this, but Harry is too.

I reach the building in fifteen minutes and see Andrew waiting at the door. I park and get out, Andrew making his way to me.

“Do you have her?”

I nod and open the car door. He lifts her out and holds her close. I honestly think he loves her, but I don’t know.

“How long will she be out?”

“I think a few hours. She should be up later today.”

He nods and carries her into the building. I follow and he places her down in a chair. He watches her so intently, making sure she doesn’t get hurt.

“I have her back. Thank you John.”

I nod and walk out. I instantly feel regret washing through my system, knowing I probably put that girl in a massive amount of danger.

The look she gave me before I drugged her was one of pure confusion. It was so soft and beautiful, I just want her. But I know I can’t. I think I love a girl who is taken. I walk around and leave the building, driving anywhere but here.

~~~

Mack POV

I feel myself really drowsy when I wake up. The lights blind me and my arms and legs feel heavy. I can barely see anything and the only thing I can slightly make out is a figure.