Chapter 9

"I guess what scares me the most now is the thought that I won't be able to protect you." -Julia Hoban

Chapter 9

Harry grabs my waist and kisses me gently. My fingers play with the curls at the nape of his neck and he softly hums into the kiss. I feel as though he is my hero, protecting me and saving me from Hector. I didn't know how bad things are until Harry came to my life. Now all I have is him, no one else.

I pull away and place my head on his chest. He rests his head on top of mine and I breathe him in. His musky scent soothes my senses and I love it. I see two birds on his chest and I smile; they're beautiful, especially on his beautifully sculpted body.

"Can you tell me something?" he whispered. I nod and he kisses the top of my head.

"How afraid are you?"

I look up and meet his eyes. I bring my hands to his face and trace over his features.

"Not at all."

My thumb glides over his bottom lip and his soft eyes stare at me as I do so.

"You're so beautiful," he whispered, brushing a few strands of hair from my face. The simple action causes butterflies to erupt in my stomach. I can't understand why he would be so careful around me, yet so protective and aggressive everywhere else.

"Do you want to do something with me?" I whisper, looking up at him. He looks down and kisses the tip of my nose.

"What?"

"I want to make you dinner," I whisper. "But I want you to help me."

He smiles and he leans his head down to my ear and kisses my neck. He grabs my hand and wraps his arm around my waist. His lips leave open mouth kisses around my ear and he takes my earlobe in between his teeth.

"I would much rather watch you."

I laugh when he kisses all around my neck. I lightly grab his head and pull it out of my neck. He smiles down at me and places a kiss to my lips.

"I literally would burn the house down."

I laugh and he lets me go, grabbing my hand and walking up to the house with me. Right before we reach the steps, he runs and lifts me bridal-style, causing a light squeal to escape my lips. He kisses my cheek and walks into the house. He sets me down and I make my way to the kitchen.

I open the fridge and there is nothing in it. I look through the cabinets and see nothing. I turn around and see Harry smiling.

"I may or may not have any food."

I let out a laugh and he smiles.

"Seeing as though you have a target on your back, let me go to the grocery store," I say, extending my hand for him to give me the keys. He instead took my hand and brought me closer to him, wrapping both arms around me.

"Or I could just have you all to myself."

He tilted my head to the side and kissed my neck. "But I suppose you can go."

I smile and he kisses my cheek. He pulls out his wallet and gives me $50 and then he hands me his keys. I smile and he places them in my hand.

"If you aren't back in a half hour, you will be punished."

I laugh and give him a small kiss on the lips. He smiles back and I walk out the door. I get into the SUV in the garage and pull out of the driveway. I drive into town and I hear a phone buzz. I open the glove box and see my phone, Harry's name flashing on the screen. I open the text and read it at a stopped light.

When you come back to the house, they will ask for a name. Tell them Finn Miller.

I quickly replied 'okay' before the light changed and came across a grocery store. I pull into the parking lot and park, taking the money and my phone. I get into the store and grab a basket, going around to the frozen food section. I grab a ton of frozen meals and walk and grab a box of noodles, spaghetti sauce, fresh bread, and fruit.

I pay for the items and the sky is now black. I get into the car and drive back to the house. I remember the route and make my way to the booth. I tell them Finn Miller and the guy smiles.

"Are you his new girl?"

"I am his girlfriend."

He laughs and I roll my eyes, pull into the manor. I drive to the familiar beach house and park in the garage. I walk into the house and close the garage door after me. I set the bags in the counter and look for Harry. I don't see him anywhere and I decide to walk around, looking for him. I search the house, not seeing any sign of him. I almost walk out of the bedroom but I notice his bare back on the beach. He is sitting in his jean shorts, no shirt, and sitting with his arms around his knees slightly.

I smile and walk out of the door. I make my way towards him and his hair blows slightly. His arms flex back slightly and hold himself up. I smile and sit next to him, his arm quickly wrapping around my waist. He kisses my temple and his hand covers the small of my back.

I can tell something's bothering him because he is silent. No words or actions are leaving him and I am worried.

"Is something wrong?" I whisper, turning my head slightly. He stares off into the ocean and he pulls me closer to him. He looks down and I can help but turn completely to face him.

"I-I want you to have the best and you can't with me."

I grab his hand and he closes his eyes, his hair falling in his eyes. It was really curly so I think he may have showered. I take his cheek in my hand and gently tilt his head to face me. He keeps his eyes closed and I lean in, placing my forehead on his.

"I didn't have anything before, Harry. You came into my life and I knew you would change it. It was a good change even though you have an intense job. I believe in you Harry; I know you don't think being with me is safe, but I want to be here. I can't understand why you would feel this way when you did all of this for me."

He opens his eyes slightly and meets mine. I can see his pain in all of this; not knowing what to do.

"You are strong and protective. I don't care about your job or anyone after you. All I care about is you because you are mine. You are my boyfriend and I will not have you sit here and tell me that you don't give me the world. You have done so much for me already and I believe in you."

His hand moves to mine on his cheek and takes it off. He brings it to his lips and kisses the back of it softly. He entwines our fingers together and I move a little closer to him.

"Can you stay with me?" he whispers. I look into his soft, pained eyes and nod.

"I don't want to be anywhere else."

I lean and place a soft kiss to his forehead and he wraps his arm around my waist. He takes my hand and places it on his neck. He slightly places me down, lying on the beach, and he hovers over me. He moves his body down and places his knees on either side of my waist. He moves his hand to my hair and brings it up to fan above my head. I smile up at him and he kisses the tip of my nose.

"Are you going to leave me?" He asks as if I never said anything before.

"No."

He leans his forearm against the sides of my face against the sand and looked down at me. He looked scared, like I would never want him unless he made me stay. But has nothing to worry about.

"Why are you so scared?" I ask, his face observing mine.

"Because I did the same thing your father did."

"You mean killing?" I ask, his face slightly flinching when I said 'killing'.

"Because that's why you left. And you would have left me."

I shake my head and place my hands on his cheeks. I bring his head down to mine and place my forehead on his.

"You couldn't make me leave even if you wanted me to."

A small smile breaks out on his lips and he slightly brushes his nose with mine. I smile and he places a kiss on my lips. He pulls away and kisses the tip of my nose. He leans his forehead back on mine and closes his eyes. He places another soft peck on my lips and I close my eyes. I place my hands on his waist and he starts to kiss around my face. His lips trail around my cheeks and nose, kissing every inch with his soft, delicate lips. He moves his hand to the top of my head and moves his other to my cheek.

"I need to check something inside."

I open my eyes and he stands up. He moves his hands towards me and lifts me to my feet. I stand in front of him and he takes my hand in his. We walk up to the house and he closes and locks the door behind us. I walk to the kitchen and start to make some spaghetti. Harry sits on the couch and turns on the TV and I boil the noodles. I stir the noodles and listen in on the TV.

"Over ten bodies were found dead in the abandoned building. Only one man remained but he was in critical condition. Investigators didn't pick up any DNA samples due to none visible. Gunshots and knife wounds were suffered to those in the building. The crime scene is under surveillance now and police attempt to figure out suspects. One of the men dead is the leader of a gang that has been put on the FBI's most wanted. Police are searching through profiles in an office to see if any leads are in them. The main leader though has remained anonymous and no one knows where he is."

I continue listening to the TV, my stomach churning as I listened to the details.

"Police expect whoever the murderer was has fled. No one knows who caused the homicides but until then, police hope everyone takes cover and stays safe. A new murderer is on the loose."

The TV shuts off and I hear footsteps walking on the tile. I feel two arms around my waist as I stir the noodles. I smile and turn to face him, kissing his cheek.

"I won't let them hurt you. I don't want you to be afraid."

I smile and he kisses my cheek. "I'm not afraid."

"Good, now let's eat."

I laugh and strain the noodles in the sink after Harry lets go of me. I plate our food and I hand him a plate. He thanks me and I sit down at the small table across from him. We eat in silence but my hand is entwined with his on top of the table. He finishes and stares at me as I finish chewing. He smiles and I smile at him. I don't know what it is but I can't help but smile when he smiles. It is so beautiful and cheeky, I love it. He doesn't seem to smile enough except for when he's with me. It is a nice thing to know that I am the cause of his beautiful smile most of the time.

"I think we should talk Mackenzie."

(Please comment and vote! I would love to hear what you think will happen next! Just remember to tell everyone about this book and remember ou guys are the best! I love you all! <3)