Chapter 21

"Sometimes you have to let do of the one you love to find out if there is really something there." - Unknown

(Just the let you know, this is not accurate with current political members)

Chapter 21

I move off Harry after we lay for hours, deciding on getting dressed. I move to the closet and close the door behind me. I put on my underwear on and then my jean shorts. I pull on a white long-sleeved tee and throw my hair in a bun. I walk out and see Harry still in bed. I walk to him and he smiles. He pulls me on top of him and rolls over, trapping me under him. He starts to kiss around my face and I laugh. He buries his head into my neck and starts to kiss around my skin.

"I have to shower and I will be right out," he whispers. I nod and he lifts his head, looking down at me.

"That is..." he smirks. I swat his chest and he laughs.

"I will be quick."

He gets up and walks to the bathroom, closing the door behind him. I get off the bed and make it, folding the sheets over and placing the pillows on the white comforter. I hear the shower turn on and I walk to the living room, grabbing my phone off the table. I have a message from an unknown number and I open it.

I know where you are Kenz.

My dad. No one calls me Kenz but him. I start to panic and I throw my phone on the table. He is probably tracking me and he will find me quicker now. I run to the bedroom and open the bathroom door.

"Mack?"

"He knows my phone number. He's coming for us."

Harry shuts the water off and walks out, quickly wrapping a towel around his soaking wet body. I am shaking and I am scared.

"What happened?" He said, placing his hands on my cheeks and looking down at me.

"I checked my phone and there was a messaged that said 'I know where you are Kenz'. No on calls me that but him. Harry, I'm scared."

His face twists to anger and he lets go of me. "We need to leave."

Harry lets go of his towel and dries himself off, quickly getting dressed and walking into the bedroom. I follow and he starts to throw clothes into our bags. I help him and he grabs his and puts them into the truck. I cross the living room floor and hear pounding on the door. I freeze and Harry is not in the house right now. The door is broken down and I am met with the police. They stare at me and Harry walks in.

"Harry Styles?"

Harry slightly nods and gulps. He turns to me and I start to move towards him. The police yell freeze and I immediately stop. I choke and feel no air in my lungs.

"Mackenzie Smith?"

I look at them and nod. The police officer walks to me and grabs my hand.

"We need to take you to the president."

I look at Harry and two officers are holding his arms back as he struggles to get to me. I look at the officer and he leads me to the door.

"I need to talk to him," I whisper, but enough for him to hear.

"I don't think..."

"Give me two minutes."

He hesitantly nods and I walk to Harry, who is being restrained. He stops his struggling when I touch his face, holding his cheeks in my hands.

"Go Mack. I will fight and get you back. Stay safe and I will get you. One day we will be together again."

The tears fall from my eyes and see the police officers look at one another.

"Mr. Styles, we have a preposition for you."

Harry looks at one of the men and watches as they let him go. His eyes hold a sense of confusion but he quickly wraps his arms around me, pulling me in tightly.

"We want you to kill him yourself. You may have a better chance at it than us. You do this, we will push back your prison time."

Harry looks down at me and I nod. "I will do it. Only make sure she is safe and no one will ever find her."

"Mr. Styles, I suggest you leave us to keep her safe. We know where to keep her and I am sure she trusts you enough to let us do this."

Harry tightens his grip. "You know that isn't true. I love her and I need you to keep her safe. As much as I don't want to, keep her safe."

He kisses the top of my head and the police pry him off me. The tears are falling down my cheeks so fast and Harry struggles to get free again.

"Styles, if you don't stop moving, we will have to use force."

"I need one minute with her and I will obey you."

Harry breaks free and he grabs my face, kissing me.

"I won't forget you Harry," I whisper.

"Please, forget about me. I need you to find someone better. Be happy and I will hopefully see you again."

I cry and he wipes my tears.

"I don't want to move on. I can't love anyone but you."

"But you must. I am going to jail for this and you will be alone. Find another and be happy."

He kisses my forehead and lets me go. The officer leads me to the door and I cry. I can't see anything and as soon as I walk out, a crowd of people greets me. There are flashes everywhere and everyone yelling. I can't listen to anything or see anything. Harry left me and I am broken and alone.

~~~

I am led down a hall in an unrecognizable building. The long halls go on forever until we meet a door. It opens and I am met by two people, a secret service man and the president. The president walks to me and wraps his arms around me. He was around 60 and probably understands what is going on.

"Is there anything I can do for you?" he asks, his white scruffy beard rubbing my forehead.

"Harry."

He sighs and rubs my back. "He is on a mission I sent him on. I won't let your father get you because you are safe here."

I nod and he lets go. "You are a strong girl. You know if my daughters were ever in a situation like this, I would make sure they had someone. Your someone is going to get rid of all of this."

I nod and hug him again. "Thank you President Hayden."

"You're welcome."

He holds me and I can only think of Harry. He needs me but he told me to move on. Does that mean he broke up with me? It can't. I love him so much but I just don't know what to do.

"He told me to forget about him."

He holds me tighter and I finally feel like I have a fatherly figure again.

"I understand that. He wants you to prepare yourself for the worst. If he said that, do it. If you love him, set him free. And if he loves you, he will come back."

I smile and let him go again. I look around and see a nice little home looking area. A little living room and a couple bedrooms.

"Make yourself comfortable. Brandon will come back soon with some food."

"Okay."

I walk and sit on the couch, pulling my phone out, which I thankfully grabbed before we left, and looked at the last text I received.

I know where you are Kenz.

"You know, the police got to you before your father did. He was the one that originally tracked you but the police worked quicker."

He turned the TV on and all I saw was me leaving the beach house, crying. Then a video of Harry comes up. His eyes are bloodshot and he is in the courtroom.

"This is live. We need to watch this."

I nod and watch closely.

"Here, is Harry Styles. He held Mackenzie Smith captive in his beach house. He was the last known remaining member of the gang Andrew Smith leads and is the only one who knows his strengths and weaknesses."

Harry moves slightly and pulls his phone out. I watch his eyes close and open again, signaling he is trying not to cry. My phone rings and I pick it up.

"Hello."

"Mack, listen to me. They want me to kill him. I don't know if I can."

I watch on the screen Harry's facial expression relaxes when I speak.

"If it is the only way I can be with you, do it. I believe in you."

He smiles and Harry is yelled at by an officer. He hangs up before I say anything else, no goodbyes, nothing.

"He loves you alright. That boy loves you."

I smile at the president and turn my focus back at the TV.

"Mr. Styles is facing up to over 15 accounts of manslaughter and up to 30 years in prison. He has been given the choice to kill Andrew Smith or stay in prison. He is our last hope in one of the most twisted cases ever."

Harry is brought up to the mic and I watch intently.

"I have chosen to go after Andrew Smith, only because it is my only hope at getting my happiness back. Over the past few days, I fell in love with Mackenzie Smith. Mackenzie told me that the only way we can be together again is if I do this. Andrew hurt her, raped and abused her, killed her mother, and never supported her. No one knew this material and now you do. I will kill him; every piece of him will be gone. I swear to the world you will be safe again. I am doing this out of love and I want her to know that I love her. I feel no shame in loving the girl whose father is after all of us. He will try to kill me, but if I kill him before, I did it for Mackenzie."

Harry leaves the stand and is taken to the back. The tears are streaming down my cheeks. I will not stand it if he dies.

"It seems like your boy is determined. I won't sentence him to jail. He doesn't deserve that after what he is doing. He needs you and you need him."

"Thank you President."

"Call my Phil. Please."

I smile and nod. A man enters the room and places a plate in front of me.

"Brandon, this is Mackenzie. Mackenzie, Brandon."

I look up and meet his bright eyes. "Hi Mackenzie, how are you?"

"Good, thank you. How are you?"

"Good. I brought you some ice cream. I didn't know if you ate before this."

"Ice creams fine," I smile and he returns the gesture. He is charming, blue eyes, black hair, and a few tattoos on his arms.

"Brandon is my nephew. He volunteered to work down here," Phil said. I nod and take a bite of my ice cream. Brandon keeps staring at me as I watch the TV and it is slightly unnerving. I see in the corner of my eye, Phil hitting Brandon in the arm.

"She's got a boyfriend you dumbass."

I slightly laugh and see Brandon blush. "It's okay, Brandon."

"Well, I bet you I could be a better boyfriend."

Phil tries to call him but he doesn't listen, sitting next to me and placing an arm around my shoulders.

"Seriously, I don't see him. I bet you he's weak anyway."

I look at Phil and we burst out laughing.

"Oh, Brandon, you are an idiot," he laughs.

"What? I like her."

"Harry Styles is her boyfriend."

Brandon jumps up right after the words escape Phil's mouth.

"Shit, I'm sorry. I didn't know. God, he's going to kick my ass for making a move on you."

I laugh and just look up at him. "It can be our little secret. Right Phil?"

He nods, laughing still, and Brandon sighs.

"I have to go. It was nice meeting you."

I nod and say goodbye. Phil says goodbye and Brandon leaves.

"Ah, that was a good one. Brandon always goes for the wrong girl. Always taken."

I laugh and look at my phone. Harry texted me once since our call and I smile.

Don't forget about me. I don't want you to move on because I am coming right back for you baby. I love you so much and I wish you were in my arms. Xx.

I smile and text him back.

I have Phil here but he can't do much, considering he's the president. I love you and miss you too. Xxx.

Aww, damn the president. I want my lady. I promise this will go as quick as it can. I will visit you tomorrow before we attack and I will be back. I promise.

The smile on my face widens and I feel my heart flutter.

Thanks Haz. Btw, that is your nickname now. I like it. And I miss you horribly and I want you to kiss me.

Haz is perfect, because you made it up. I promise, I will kiss you all over baby. I love you and I will be there tomorrow.

How long?

A few hours then I have to leave. The president was willing to give us a few hours to ourselves before I have to give myself up for this country.

I frown and text him back, but slightly smirk towards the end.

You know, you are my hero. I love you even though you think you are the villain. I love you baby and I think I have an idea for what we can do tomorrow. ;)

I have never even remotely acted this way while texting a boy before. The second I get a text back, my cheeks flush.

What were you thinking?

Oh, just the places I want you to kiss me.

I blush so bad after I send that. I don't know what is going to happen. I hide my face from the president as I continue texting my naughty boyfriend.

Where were you thinking baby? :)

Every inch of my body. Especially my chest.

I feel my insides burning with every text we send. I miss him and I wish he could come here and take me now.

You like it when I touch your breasts don't you?

Yes, very much. And I wish you were here to help me with my needs. ;)

God baby, I am so hard right now.

I laugh and Phil looks at me. I mutter a 'sorry' and he turns his attention back on the TV.

Sorry babe.

Call me, right now. And go to a room where it is quiet and private.

I excuse myself and walk to the room they told me was mine. I close and lock the door, thankful my room is at the end of the hall. I walk to the bed and sit down. I dial his number and he answers.

"Mack," he whispers.

"Harry. I miss you so much. I am scared out of my mind for you."

I take off my shoes and sit on the big bed. "Don't be baby. I am calling up my old friends and they will help me do this. I want you to know that you are safe where you are. They won't get you."

I sigh and lay against the pillows. My urge for his touch is growing larger every minute.

"I need you Harry."

(Please vote and comment what you think will happen after all of this! I love you all so please vote and comment! I love you! <3)