21(pilots)//

as the sun rise from its bed, a ray of its light shone through tyler's merely open curtains, letting enough light in to wake the teenage boy up. he sat up in bed and stretched, trying to wake his tired body a bit. the smell of burnt toast filled the house.

"Zack you're leaving it in for too long you idiot!"

"Madison shut up, i'm older than you. burnt is good. burnt is healthy"

tyler heard madison storm into her room and slam the door. then a faint scream. then some crying, and also a laughing Zack.

tyler decided to get up and shut the pair up. he walked into the kitchen.

"zack, you're little sisters right. you're making the toast smell and taste and look horrible" tyler sternly looked at his younger brother.

"says the one who can't even make mac and cheese" zack scoffed.

"atleast i don't burn my toast honey, or make my little sister cry" tyler sarcastically smiled at zack and walked into the bathroom to get ready. he grabbed a jumper and jeans in the way in.

his hair was messy, but he kinda liked it so he decided not to brush it. after brushing his teeth and washing his face, there was still 10 minutes left until school. so tyler played some music.

the music helped tyler get ready by calming his anxiety, especially since ryan was gone.

ryan.

tyler missed ryan. he loved ryan. then tyler thought, when ryan said he loved him, what did he mean?

tyler: yo bro

ryan: hey man, i have to go in five minutes

tyler: yeah same, but about last night... you said you loved me and, well, i was wondering what you meant

ryan: i meant i love you tyler, like you love me. tbh, i've liked you for a while i'm just shy. i feel weird about the whole thing aswell. i guess we can't control how we feel though and we'll just have to get over it, you have josh, and i'll find someone, i love you but i have to go x

tyler: okay, bye x

tyler picked up his light bag and walked out the door, thinking about what ryan had said.

ryan was right. tyler did have josh and ryan would find someone who he deserved and someone who deserved him. but tyler's mind was running a muck. it was giving him an anxious sickness in his stomach causing him to almost cry. he managed to restrain the tears.

as he reached josh's house, he waited outside for the blue haired boy. josh walked out and tyler just remembered how much he really did love josh.

he loved josh so much that not even words could describe it.

but he felt so confused. he was unsure of everyone. who he loved more, why he loved ryan, what to do, just everything.

the cold wind blew onto josh's lips as he spoke.

"hey" he grinned, looking down at the ground and then back up at tyler.

"hey" tyler giggled.

"so, should we go to, you know, school?"

"aha, yeah, we probably should"

josh clutched the younger boys hand in his, instantly warming it up as if it was a blanket. but this blanket didn't only stop the cold, it stopped unhappy feelings and anxiety. it stopped thoughts of the cruel world around him and it also stopped his heart because he truly loved josh.

he really did.

~

as they reached the school gates tyler took a deep breath.

"are you okay?" josh looked at tyler in concern.

"yeah, i just, i miss ryan" tyler looked at the ground in order to avoid tears.

"what? where's ryan?"

"he moved about four hours out of ohio, can't remember where exactly. all i do remember is i miss him" tyler said softly.

"oh, i understand. i know what it feels like to miss someone" josh trailed off. tyler didn't ask him any questions. they just walked together into the gates.

"yo faggot, i see you finally have a friend" a boy with blonde hair, blue eyes and a football uniform, the most popular guy in school looked tyler in the eye. "and josh, man, we could've been friends. now look, you're hanging out with a fa-"

"don't say it patrick. he's not a faggot. he's a human being. get over it" josh shot patrick a daring look.

"fine, whatever. you could've been cool, josh. you've got the look, the bad boy urge, but whatever. your loss" patrick looked away from the pair and started chatting to his 'gang'.

"i hate patrick stump, he's been calling me a faggot and i can't stand up for myself. after all, he's not wrong"

josh looked tyler dead in the eye.

"listen to me. you're more than gay, tyler, you're not a faggot. you're a human being. don't classify yourself as gay all the time just because it's your sexuality. you're human and i love you" josh pulled tyler into a tight hug.

"i love you too, josh"