17//

{⚠️TRIGGER WARNING ⚠️}

the house was empty at the moment with tyler's siblings at sport practice and his mum at work. urges of suicide and self harm were creeping over him as he was crouched in the corner of the bathroom, crying. he tried so hard not to let the urges take over.

he really did.

but it got the better of him, and before he knew it, he was hurting himself. he was slicing the blade right across his flesh, leaving marks everywhere and blood on the floor.

the sight of this just made tyler cry twice as much.

but then he heard a knock on the door downstairs.

"tyler? it's josh"

"josh?"

"tyler, are you okay?" josh heard the sadness in tyler's voice. he opened the door and walked upstairs.

"josh, i'm fine"

josh made his way to the bathroom door, which thankfully for tyler, was locked.

"tyler let me in"

"i can't josh, i failed you. i can't let you see me like this"

"tyler, two nights ago i threw myself in front of a car in order to kill myself. i need to help you and if anyone failed anyone, i failed you"

tyler struggled to get up, his arms and legs shaking and his cheeks puffy from the crying. he unlocked the door after washing the blood off of his arms, leaving the fresh scars bare on his skin.

josh opened the door and pulled tyler into a hug. looking down at the floor where tyler was, he noticed some blood.

"thank god im here, you might've done something worse"

"you shouldn't have come, i need to die, josh. no one needs me her-"

"don't. fucking. say. that. i need you here, i love you"

"but josh, i can't do this anymore, living in hatred of myself and having my whole family dispise of me because i'm distant. wait until they find out i'm gay, josh. it's bound to happen"

"and when it does, i'm here for you"

"d-do your parents know you're gay?"

"i told them i was gay when i was 13 and they've supported me even though they don't think it's the best thing"

"well, my mum is 100% homophobic and has already said if one of her children are gay, she'll kick them out of the house"

"fuck tyler that's shit"

"i know"

"well, you can always live with me" josh put a reassuring smile on his face.

"i guess so. i'll try my best to make sure they don't find out"

"so i'm going to be hidden from them forever?"

"it's either that or i get disowned by my family"