Am I Pretty Yet?

Fem!Harry and magic

Draco's prov.

I was in potions class with Gryffindor. I'm working with Blaise making a lucky potion. I was walking to another table to get more ingredients when I ran into somebody. I got up and cleaned myself up.

I looked down ready to yell when I realized it was Hannah Potter. "I'm s-s-o so-r-r-y." She stuttered out. She had potion all over her. I held out my hand and helped her up.

"It's okay." I said while smiling. I saw her having a grin but she looked down and frowned. "Malfoy, Potter Take Your Seats!" Snape yelled. Hannah went straight to her seat and I went to mine.

~~after class~~

When we were dismissed Hannah went straight out. I saw she left something, a journal. I grabbed it and ran out but she was no where to be found. I decided I would keep it and give it to her tomorrow.

I went to the Slytherin common room. I went straight up to my room and put the journal on my bed. I had the urge to read it but didn't.

I broke and I opened it. It was a lot of poems. They were really good . I flipped a page and saw one called "Am I Pretty Yet?":

6 years old.
Blue ribbon,silk ribbon
Streaming through my hair.
Pigtails,toothless smile;
Mirror am I pretty yet?

10 years old
Ponytail, Bobby pins,
Taming my messy hair.
Chubby thighs, crooked smile;
Mirror am I pretty yet?

14 years old
Straight hair, lipstick,
Mascara running down my face
Trembling knees, broken smile;
Mirror am I pretty yet?

16 years old
Messy bun, chapped lips
Sobbing eyes, and bloody wrists.
Bony thighs, fake smile;
Mirror am I pretty yet?

~Hannah

Fuck fuck fuck fuck. I got up and ran straight to the Gryffindor common room. When I got there I saw Hermione.

"Hermione!" I yelled out. "Go away Malfoy." She said. "Wait no I have Hannah's journal. She left it in potions." I said. "We'll give it to me."she said.

"No I'm going to bring it to her." I said with determination. She opened the door and I ran in and checked all the rooms. Finally I found her but I saw her doing something.

She had a shining thing. I realized what she was doing. "Hannah stop!" I yelled and she jumped. "Draco go away!" She said With knife in hand. I ignored her and grabbed her wrist. There were a few fresh cuts and a lot of old ones.

"Why do you have my journal?" She asked. I looked up. " cause you left it in class. I might of read some." I said handing her journal to her. "Hey just saying. Don't ask a mirror if you are pretty just ask me. You are pretty." I said

She didn't look up. I went back to looking at her arm. "Hannah, everytime you want to cut. I want you to cut me the same and not you." I stated.
"I-I can't" she said. "Why not?" I asked confused. "Cause.. I cut because of you." She said. " Have I done something?" I asked. "No it is just. I like you and all the girls you go for are skinnier then me, have amazing hair, funny, smart and very pretty. I cut because I know I can't be with you."

She said with tears in her eyes. I sighed. "You know what you are right you aren't those things." I said. She cried more. "Cause you are so much more then that." I said. She looked up.

" I don't care if you are skinny or not, Your hair look soft and smooth, you are one of the smartest and funniest girls I know and you are not pretty, you are beautiful." I stated

She had a small smile. I leaned in and kisses her softly. We pulled back. "Just one more thing. If you ever tried to starve or harm yourself again. Come to me first I might can convince you not to do that." I said.

She smiled and kissed me. She pulled back and said," I love you" she said. "I love you too, beautiful." I said. She hugged me and laid in my arms and fell asleep.

-------------------------------

I wanted to note that I'm not trying to "make fun" of people for harm themselves. I was one who harmed myself. I just feel like it is easier to write about cause I know what it feels like.

Everyone is beautiful and is worth it<3

Katie