Chapter 31 - These Times Are Hard

❤️Luke's POV❤️

"Thanks, I'll be home tomorrow," I told my mum as I kissed her on the cheek and clambered out of the car, making my way towards Chrissy's house.

It was around seven in the morning and I had decided to surprise Chrissy by going to her house early. I noticed that her mum was still in, but I didn't think that she would mind too much.

I knocked on the door and rubbed my palms together as I waited to be greeted by Chrissy's mum. A few moments later she answered the door and smiled when she realised it was me.

"Luke! It's so early! Chrissy's still sleeping," she told me with a frown on her face.

"That's why I've come, to surprise her," I replied.

"Oh, well do come in then, would you like a cup of tea?"

"Oh, yes please," I smiled as I entered the house and gave Miss Clark a friendly hug. She led me into the kitchen and sat me down at the table while she made the tea. As the kettle boiled, I told her all about mine and the boys YouTube channel, the Janoskians. I told her some of the stories that we will always look back on, like the time when we went into the library and shouted penis really loudly. I thought that she would look down at me, but instead she laughed and told me how crazy us kids were. Chrissy's mum was so lovely, she had probably become my second mum.

"Here you go Luke, I've made one for Chrissy as well so you can take that up to her," she smiled at me warmly as she handed me two cups of tea.

"Thanks," I smiled back and walked up to Chrissy's room. She was still sleeping, she looked so peaceful when she had her eyes closed. I just wanted to climb into bed with her, but then again I didn't want to disturb her. I sat down at the white desk, sipped my tea and began to scroll through twitter.

'@luke_brooks: waiting for sleeping beauty to wake up:)<3'

Instantly, I got thousands of tweets telling me how cute Chrissy and I were. I smiled and replied to a few of them when I heard the front door shut, telling me that Chrissy's mum had gone to work.

I set my cup of tea and phone down and walked towards the bed, I sat down beside her and watched her for a few minutes. I moved a piece of hair behind her ear so I could see her beautiful face fully, her lips were curved into a small smile as she began to fidget around in the bed. I chuckled as she stretched her arms out wide and watched her eyes flutter open.

"Good morning sleeping head," I said in a hushed tone, stroking her cheek with my thumb.

"What time did you get here?"she asked tiredly as she yawned and sat up in bed.

"About ten minutes ago," I told her. I looked down at her stomach, it totally fascinated me knowing that there was a tiny baby growing inside of Chrissy. "Who else knows?"

"What?" she asked, confused. I pointed towards her belly and watched her eyes widen as she finally knew what I was talking about. "Ohhhh, that. Well only Harper and Andrea."

"When are you gonna tell your mum?" I asked.

"I don't know, she'll flip when she finds out."

"She won't." She sighed and rolled over in her bed, her back facing me. I heard a few whimpers, so I climbed into bed with her and snaked my arms around her waist.

"I'm not sure I'm ready," she whispered, her throat croaked up as her words traveled out her mouth.

"Me neither, but I know we can do this Chrissy, we just have to trust ourselves," I reassured her as I slithered my hands up her top and rubbed her stomach soothingly. There was a long pause after that, finally, she turned to face me and pressed her forehead against mine.

"I love you Luke," she smiled as a few tears rolled down her cheeks.

"I love you too," I replied as I wiped the tears away with my thumb. "Go back to sleep now." She closed her eyes.

After a few minutes of silence I began singing softly.

"Oh, these times are hard, yeah they're making us crazy, don't give up on me baby."

Inside, I just couldn't believe I was going to be a father.