Chapter 35 - Dinner Disaster

❤️Chrissy's POV❤️

"I don't know if I can do this Luke," I mumbled as I paced up and down my room, biting my nails numb.

"You can. I know you Chrissy, you're a strong woman... Even if our parents don't agree with our decision, they won't change our minds. We will raise this child with pride," Luke replied, a hint of sternness in his voice, as he grasped my shoulders and looked me deep in the eyes. I sighed, cupped his face with my hands and kissed him passionately. He wrapped his arms tight around my waist as my fingers travelled through his chocolate brown hair. Before we knew it, we were on the bed, our lips still connected. I felt him tugging at the buttons on my purple flannel shirt when I broke the kiss and stopped him.

"Nows not the time Luke, we have to go in about ten minutes," I sighed, slapping his hands away from my torso.

"But can't we just-"

"No buts Luke," I whispered, pressing my index finger to his lips. A grin crossed my face as I felt his hands massage my lower back. I shut my eyes as the shivers travelled through my body.

"I love you," his husky voice whispered out.

"I love you too." With that, I heard my mum call from down stairs, that meant that it was time to go out for dinner with the guys, girls, Mum and Gina. That also meant that soon, Luke and I were going to have to break the news to our parents.

I clambered off the bed, helped Luke up and we made our way downstairs. We weren't wearing anything spectacular, I just threw on a flannel shirt and a pair of jeans. Luke on the other hand, looked sexy as ever, even though he was only wearing a white shirt and some black jeans.

~

Time had passed so quickly. Everyone was having such a great time, everyone was getting along so well. Were me and Luke going to have to ruin that?

I caught Luke staring at me, and when our eyes made contact, he gave me a glare that told me it was time for us to break the news to mum and Gina. He nodded his head, and we both stood up at the same time, grasping each other's hands while we did this.

"Chrissy and I have some news. The boys, Harper and Andrea already know about this so I guess it's just news for you both," he said, pointing at Gina, then my mum.

"Now, this was a tough decision to make, but Chrissy fell pregnant a few weeks ago, and we've talked about it several times. We're keeping the baby, and I'm going to be by her side throughout this tough journey."

After he finished, I searched mums eyes for emotion, but she didn't show any. She just stared blankly at me for a few seconds, before getting up and walking outside. Fuck, I knew something like this would happen.

Gina, on the other hand, gave a warm hearted smile, stood up and gave both Luke and I big hugs.

"I'm going to be a grandmother," she whispered into our ears, I could tell by her voice that she was on the verge of tears. "I'm proud of you both."

"Thank you Gina," I smiled. After a few minutes of talking about the situation with Luke and Gina, I went outside to find mum sitting on one of the benches outside the restaurant.

"I knew it would happen sooner or later," she spoke when I sat down next to her. "I'm disappointed in you Chrissy, you're seventeen years old."

"Mum, I can handle it," I said, trying to persuade her.

"No, you can't, you've still got school Chrissy, you need a good job that will get you good money."

"And I'll still be able to have that if I study hard at home. Mum, believe me, please, Luke and I are capable of this."

"I doubt it," she sneered.

I looked at her emotionless face as I felt the tears stinging my eyes. She didn't approve of me and Luke. This is what I was most scared of. I thought she would be understanding like she always is, but she wasn't. I needed her to support me through this, but it looks like she wasn't going to.

Before I knew it, I was running off down the road, going in the direction of the park. I heard several shouts and calls coming from the restaurant, but I didn't take any notice. I kept running and running as fast as my legs could carry me. The way the wind was blowing through my hair made me feel free from all the drama. I didn't have to cope with Mum not being supportive, well, at least until the next day.

After about ten minutes of non stop running, I finally reached the park. My legs were shaky, but I didn't care. I sat down underneath a tree and stared up at the starry sky, thinking about random things, trying to distract myself from what Mum had said.

I was at the park for about an hour when I heard a familiar voice calling my name. I knew who it was instantly, and I calmed down a bit when I saw Luke running through the park gates. He sat down next to me but didn't say anything, we just sat there in silence for what seemed like forever, but I knew it was only for a few seconds.

"You know, no matter what anybody tells us, we're gonna stick together until this baby arrives. Nobody can tell us different," he told me, his voice a little husky.

"Mum doesn't approve," I spoke, still staring up at the sky.

"She's just a little shocked, sooner or later she'll realise that we are strong enough to have a child together, she'll understand."

I turned my head to face him, he looked red in the face from running.

"You know you didn't have to run after me, I would have called or texted you," I told him, placing my head in the crook of nice neck.

"I wanted to. I wanted you to be safe."

"I'm always safe when I'm with you."

*******************

Off school today because I have a bad cold so I thought I would write this:)

Thank you for all your support considering I've been gone for a bit, it's well appreciated.

LOVE YOU ALL BABIES

P.S. Sorry if there's a lot of mistakes. This is un edited.