Back In Hospital

Harry was taken straight into a private room. There were doctors and nurses all around him.

"You're lucky you found him when you did," the doctor said seriously, "he's extremely weak, he has a bad case of hypothermia and is severely dehydrated."

"Is he going to be okay?" asked Liam worriedly.

"He will be," the doctor replied, "with a lot of care and rest."

While the doctors were sorting Harry out, the boys were outside in the corridor, talking.

"He's not going back," Liam said.

"We'll have to talk with the social workers and find out how we were told he was adopted," Zayn said, "when he looks like he's lived on the streets instead of being cared for."

"Well, I'm going to do everything I can to make sure we get him back," Niall said, "I won't let him leave us again."

"Well, the doc said they've already phoned social services and a lady called Ivy is coming to look at what's going on," Louis said.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

An hour later Ivy finally turned up.

She talked to the doctors first before going over to the boys.

"You must be Louis, Niall, Liam and Zayn," Ivy said, approaching them.

"That's us," Niall said in confirmation.

"My name is Ivy," she said, "I'm going to be Harrys' new social worker, I'll be looking into what's been going on and how he ended up in this state."

"He collapsed in the street when we were going into a hotel," Zayn said, "we don't know if he was trying to find us or just looking for help."

"We never wanted him to leave us in the first place, but Sadie said once we made one mistake, we couldn't keep him," said Louis, tears forming in his eyes.

"May I ask what happened for him to be taken away?" asked Ivy.

"He was ill one night but the next morning he seemed fine," Louis started to explain, "he had breakfast with us and while we were watching a movie on the sofa management rang saying they needed to see us about the upcoming tour. We did try to get out of it but we couldn't. After talking with Harry we decided he could stay at home, we gave him a phone to keep in contact and not once did he say he was still feeling ill. So we left. It was only going to be for a few hours. We did try to call Harry when we were out but he never answered. That had us worried, so we rushed home and found him passed out on the bathroom floor. We did all we could while waiting for the ambulance. We got him to the hospital but we never found out what was wrong with him because we got kicked out by Sadie. She just turned up out of nowhere, saying we should never have left him alone and that he had to go back into the system. We know we made a mistake! We didn't do it deliberately, if we had any doubts about his well-being one of us would have stayed with him or we would have got someone else to watch over him. We tried so hard to get him back, but we were told he got adopted, so it was a shock when we saw him collapsed on the street, in the state he was."

By this time Louis was rambling with tears streaming down his face. Niall stood up and gave Louis a hug to help calm him down.

Ivy looked at them, perplexedly.

"That would sometimes get only a warning and maybe not even a warning," Ivy said, "usually we would just talk about what you could have done differently and what you should look out for in the future, but he wouldn't be taken away from you. I will definitely be looking into this because something is clearly not right here."

"If we're allowed, we would still like to look after him and possibly adopt him over time," Liam said, while the others nodded their heads in agreement.

"As I've said, I need to look into this first and it may take some time," Ivy said, "you may have to foster him for a while before you can adopt because of what's happened. Just give me a few hours and I will let you know if Harry can go back with you guys."

"Thank you so much!" Liam said gratefully.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Will Ivy be able to sort out what Sadie's done and get Harry back to being in a loving family with the boys?

Let me know what you think!

Do you think Sadie will cause any more trouble?

This chapter is dedicated to HalfMoonCloud

[Edited]