Bad Times

Harry looked up.

He saw his dad pointing the gun at the boys then back at him.

He knew he couldn't let the boys get hurt.

They were famous!

People loved them and if anything happened to them, Harry knew, his life would be even less worth living than it was now.

As he managed to get up he saw the boys start to move. He was hoping they would just go, but nope, they were moving closer to him and his dad.

Harry decided that he's got to get the gun off his dad but as he tried to do so Des pulled the trigger. The next thing Harry knew he felt pain blossoming through him and he was falling backward onto the ground.

Des dropped the gun and ran the moment he realized what he did. Zayn and Louis tried to run after him while Liam and Niall went to Harry. Liam phoned 999 (English emergency number) while Niall told Harry to stay awake and took his top off to apply pressure to the wound.

Louis and Zayn were back soon.

"We lost him, he just suddenly vanished," said Zayn.

"Yeah and it doesn't help that we don't know our way around here," said Louis.

"Well, I'm sure that when we tell the police they will be able to find him," said Liam.

Soon the police and an ambulance had arrived. Harry was loaded into the ambulance and Liam went with him while the others stayed behind to give statements to the police.

By the time the others got to the hospital, Harry was in surgery.

The police had also turned up to get statements from Liam and Harry.

Liam quickly gave his statement to the police before the boys could start asking him questions.

"How's Harry?" asked Niall.

"The bullet hit his shoulder. It's shattered his shoulder so the surgeons are trying to put it back together and rebuild it," said Liam quietly.

"Poor boy," said Louis sadly, "I don't want him going back there."

"Same," said Niall.

"Well, he probably won't have a choice. His mum will be there to look after him as it's his home but hopefully, his dad won't ever come back," said Zayn.

The others nodded their heads in agreement and understanding.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

After 2 excruciatingly long hours Harry was finally out of surgery and back into a room where the boys were allowed to see him.

They had gotten him a teddy bear and some balloons from the hospital gift shop.

Harry came around about ten minutes later and started apologizing to the boys, but they stopped him and told him to stop being silly. He looked so fragile in the hospital bed and kind of broken.

The door opened and a doctor along with a smartly dressed lady walked in. The doctor checked Harry over and introduced him to the lady.

"Harry this is Sadie, she's going to be your social worker." said the doctor.

"Okay," whispered Harry.

The doctor left after making sure Harry was comfortable.

"Why does Harry need a social worker?" asked Louis, "can't he just go home?"

"He's a 14 year old minor. He can't be home alone." Sadie answered shortly.

"Where's his mum?" asked Louis.

Before Sadie could answer Harry spoke up.

"She's dead. She died when I was 2. I have no family and no friends. No-one wants me, not even my own dad. He won't be happy when he finds out I'm still here after he shot me. I'm a nobody! You should leave before I ruin your lives. I'm not worth knowing." said Harry, breaking down into sobs.

The four boys immediately embrace him in a hug him to help soothe him. Harry can't even remember the last time he was hugged like this and he slowly started to stop crying but stayed in the hug as it was quite comforting.

He let out a pain filled groan when one of the boys accidentally bumped his shoulder.

"Sorry," said Liam, "boys, we're hurting him."

The boys got off him the moment they heard Liam, not wanting to cause Harry any more pain.

"So, what's going to happen to him?" asked Liam.

"He will go into a group home until we can find a place for him," said Sadie.

"He can't!" said Louis.

"And why not?" Sadie asked exasperatedly.

"We'll take him," Louis answered back.

"Louis." Liam hissed quietly.

"Have you even thought this through?" asked Sadie, "He's a 14 year old neglected and abused boy. We don't even know what else has happened to him. You're a world famous boy band. Far too busy to take proper care of a 14 year old that needs a lot of care and attention." said Sadie.

"How do you know what we can and can't do? We may be very capable," snapped Louis, "so, if the other lads agree I think we want to look after him, what do you say, lads?"

Louis looked at the other boys to see what their answers were.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Sorry for the long wait and sorry if it's badly written, I didn't really know how to write it.

This is dedicated to and hopefully she knows why :)

[Edited]