Chapter 11- Alec

Chapter 11

Alec

I looked over at Alec. So many thoughts must be running through his head, so many questions that I didn’t have the answers to. This isn’t fair on him. He’s nervous and scared around his family, how is he going to act around the Beta? He is the second in command and the second strongest wolf in the pack, after the Alpha of course. Brock is a massive wolf; I can guarantee that he didn’t get the position because of his intelligence. We’re werewolves; we use brute force to get what we want, including mates.

The thought of Brock ever hurting Alec made me want to scream. I clenched my fists in anger. Alec would never fight back. He would be the victim, in every sense of the word. He would cling onto everything that his mate would say and do. Beating himself up over what Brock would consider his wrong doings. I’ll need to have a little chat with Brock about this entire situation, that is, if Blaiden and Thaddeus don’t get to him first.

Our Alpha, Demetrius, is holding a pack meeting tonight for everyone, not just the dominants and the middle-ranking wolves. It would be the first time for a lot of people to actually have an input on what is to happen. I doubt even having everyone’s opinion on what’s going on  matters to Demetrius and Brock. They just don’t want any more blood on their hands. It’s no secret that people have started blaming the Alpha for his son’s death. People are becoming scared, no one knows what Leonard was doing in the forest alone and the guards never saw him leave. People are scared for their own kids. Every family except one. Us.

After Blaiden’s little outburst in the kitchen this morning, our father couldn’t make it any clearer his distaste for his three… and a half sons. I don’t know whether he has given up finally or he’s not bothered with his family anymore. 3/5 of the family he doesn’t even like and now I guess I can bump that up to 4/5 of the family. It now includes Blaiden to the ongoing list of hated family members.

“Do you think he will be nice to me?” Alec looks up at me with tear stained eyes.

“I don’t know if this has even been confirmed yet. Tiberius could be bluffing. We’ll find out tonight though, okay?” I reached over and stroked his hand. He opened his palm and I slipped my hand into his, holding it. My little brother smiled at me meekly but I could tell that he was trying to hold back tears. This is something that he never imagined, not so soon anyway and my heart went out to him. Alec wouldn’t build up a storm like anyone else would in this family. He would take whatever’s thrown at him and try to be happy about it.

I crawled over to Alec’s side of the bed and got in beside him. He rested his head on my shoulder and sighed.

“He’s really big.” Alec said.

“What?” I replied.

“He’s big. His muscles and all. He’s quite large.” I don’t know if he was trying to be funny or if he genuinely wanted to talk about Brock’s muscles but so help me God (or Goddess as I’ve noticed Sid saying in the past), if Alec has this secret crush on his Beta that he’s never told me about before I’m going to be extremely pissed. But right now isn’t exactly the time to be arguing with Alec.

“How old is he anyway.” Alec asked. Now that’s a good question. I don’t even know myself.

“I don’t know, kid. No older than twenty.” Thank God. At least he’s not too old. Everyone would be angry then. There a fine line between pedophilia and a couple years age difference in this case. If it was someone like the Alpha who’s in his late twenties, maybe early thirties then people would be grossed out considering Alec is barely even fifteen yet.