5DOC- TDC FACTS

1. Hope was never supposed to endure a car accident but I felt it was right to add it in while writing the outline for the second draft.

2. The sleepover where the girls meet was originally supposed to be round Hope's house but they barely spoke before that so I thought it would be weird if Hope invited girls she didn't particularly talk to instead of her best friends.

3. The end of the first draft was when Martin hit his head.

4. Characters such as Fred, Ivison (Ivy), Sav, Alice, Amethyst and Kaydence weren't a part of the first draft.

5. The original outline and playlist were longer than the outline and playlist for the second draft.

6. I wanted something to happen between Hope and Fred- go on a date or something- but I felt as if it would be an unnatural move because they were slowly becoming friends towards the end of the second draft.

7. All the girls in The Dumped Club are basically me with a few personality traits given or taken. Hope is the current me, who obsesses over things on the internet and rambles about books and writing. Faith is the motivation and no procrastination moments. Grace is the goofball in me. Love is the girly and talkative in me and Prudence is the organised and control freak in me.

8. The idea of The Dumped Club was born when I was finishing a book and watching Superwoman's "Advice to Students" video where when she said "you will get backstabbed" I thought 'What if a girl got dumped, her friends left her and she created a club for heartbroken, dumped girls?'

9. Faith's character was the first that came to my head and I still dearly love her as a character.

10. When Alexander rejected Grace, Grace was supposed to go all goth and emo. Wow, that feels so strange to think about because she's the brightest character I have written about.

11. I was going to write 'Gorgon's Blood' but I realised that I didn't want to write it so I used it for Hope's imagination.

12. 70%, if not more, of the second draft is new content.

13. The names of the girls in The Dumped Club were inspired by a Bulgarian celebration called "Vyra, Nadezhda i Lubov" which translates to "Faith, Hope and Love". I wanted the names of the other two girls to have a similar essence so I struggled for a few weeks before I came up with Grace and Prudence. Yes my characters have really weird names but I like it that way XD

14. If the girls were being sorted into a Hogwarts house, I think that Hope would be a Slytherin. I just get that vibe from her and besides the facts that she procrastinates like there's no tomorrow, she's very ambitious. Faith would be a Gryffindor, Prudence would be a Ravenclaw and Love and Grace would be Hufflepuffs.

15. Fred was supposed to have a girlfriend called Paula.

16. Faith is kind of supposed to be the personification of the colour blue. On a physical note her room is blue, her favourite colour is blue, her favourite artist is Halsey and her favourite show, Verano Azul, is a very old Spanish TV show that translates to 'Blue Summer'. On a more emotional note her feelings are blue, she's going through a lot and sometimes doesn't know how to handle all of it, but her motivation is as energetic as blue.

17. Faith's daughter, Kara, will be one of the main characters in my 2017 book.

18. The only characters that know more than one language are Grace and Love; Grace is half Jamaican, half South African and speaks the languages pretty fluently while Love is fluent in French.

Those are that facts that I can think of! I am really slacking with Switch a Twin Part 1 so if it comes out late at night, I apologise for that. I've had a lot on my plate these past few weeks and when it comes to writing and other creative activities, I always bite more than I can chew. I will try my best to post the last two oneshots tomorrow and Friday but if I post them on the weekend instead, please understand that I have school, chores, homework and other projects to work on. With that, I will see you guys tomorrow (fingers crossed).

 With that, I will see you guys tomorrow (fingers crossed)

Antoana