𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐕𝐄

Start from the beginning

"Well, that's a good sign," Damon mumbled from beside Evelyn as the two walked together. Evelyn enjoyed Damon's ability to make her feel like the hike wasn't as unbearable as she originally anticipated.

"Is anyone else a little creeped out?" Elena asked with a shaky voice as she pulled the strap of her backpack closer to her. She walked just a little in front of Damon and Evelyn.

"So, then leave. Out of everyone, your presence is the least necessary." Rebekah voiced from right at the back of the group.

Evelyn chuckled softly when she heard a groan escape Stefan's lips. "Please, don't start." He wined while he shook his head.

"I'm merely stating the facts." Rebekah continued to explain. "Jeremy has the spell on his body. Bonnie's the witch that unseals the cure. Shane is the human compass. You and I have the tombstone that does God knows what, and I happen to like Evelyn. And Elena has no point."

Damon furrowed his brows. "What about me?"

"You have a nice behind," Rebekah answered back without a hint of hesitation.

Evelyn smirked once she saw Damon shrug at Rebekah's compliment. "Ooh, look. That massive head of yours is growing again."

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Night had fallen, and the group was still very much walking through the forest. Evelyn was bored senseless and freezing, so she zipped her jacket up to preserve what little warmth she felt while she continued with his stories about Silas.

"Centuries after Qetsiyah died, there were these miners that were excavating a well on the island. Suddenly went mad, bled themselves dry for no apparent reason. So, the legend spread that these miners, in exchange for a drop of their blood, saw visions of their lost loved ones in the well they were digging. The word traveled and explorers sought out the well to see if the legend was true."

"So, the well was magic?" Bonnie raised an eyebrow as curiosity got the better of her.

"Yeah, some people believe the voices of lost souls were just a wind vortex whipping through caves and visions were caused by inhaled the islands poisonous plant-life," Shane explained again.

"Okay. And, what exactly do you believe?" Evelyn voiced as she looked around, unable to really see anything due to the darkness that had fallen quicker than expected.

"I believe in magic." Shane immediately answered. "My wife and my son died within months of each other so I decided to try the well out for myself. I saw my wife, I saw her eyes, her smile. My blood let me see her again."

"Yeah. I got it." Damon rolled his eyes. It was obvious he didn't believe anything Shane was telling them. "Don't eat the poisonous flowers."

After a few moments of walking, Shane stopped again. "Is everybody paying attention?" He glanced at everyone before he grabbed a rock from the ground. "Our first lesson in survival." He then tossed the rock up into the trees which triggered a net trap that swung just a little bit in front of them. "Stay together. Keep your eyes open."

They reached a clearing in the forest which caused all eyes to scan it for danger. Evelyn had to admit, the atmosphere was making her a little uneasy, though she would never admit that.

"What is this place?" Stefan asked as he started to shine his flashlight around the campsite to get a better look at it.

"According to island lore, a group of college kids came here for spring break. A few weeks later, they were all found dead completely drained of blood."