28: Alone Together

Ryou: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA SUCK IT MELLYMelvin: *grumbling* and I would've gotten away with it too

Melvin: *grumbling* and I would've gotten away with it too

Ryou rested his head on the seat of the toilet, looking just as miserable as he felt. The memories of the previous evening were so fuzzy, and his grip on what was either a dream or a very boring reality only made him feel worse.

Melvin entered when he heard him, turning on the bathroom fan before he knelt at his side, gently stroking Ryou's back in his best attempt at comfort.

Ryou groaned, "I feel icky. When's death gonna take me?"

"You're hilarious." Melvin let his mouth curl up. "Do you want some water?"

Ryou lifted up his head before he dropped into Melvin's arms.
"I don't have the energy to drink...or, anything..."

"Do you want me to carry you?"

Ryou weakly reached up, so Melvin scooped him up and asked, "Where to?"

"Off a cliff."

For comfort or simply to show him some sugar, he pecked Ryou's forehead with a little kiss. "Somewhere else."

Ryou made no comment about it. "I don't feel good."

"Bedtime, then."

"Okay, but take me slowly."

Ryou leaned his head into the crook of Melvin's neck, wedging between his shoulder and his collar bone. His breathing was soft but full, like he was already sleeping.

Melvin would've kissed him if he hadn't just vomited.

"Wait," Ryou tugged at his shirt, "I changed my mind. Can I go to the couch, where I can watch TV?"

"Yeah," Melvin started to turn around, and Ryou tugged again.

"Can I get my blankie?"

"You have a 'blankie'?"

"Yes, and it's soft and plush and perfect for me right now."

"Why don't I just bring your bed to the living room?"

He shook his head. "Too much work, not to mention, my bed won't fit through the—"

"Ryou."

His brown eyes looked up to Melvin's face, seeing the sarcasm in his expression.
"Oh. Sorry."

Melvin smiled again, placed him on the couch, let him get cozy. "I'll get your blankie. You want a pillow too?"

"Yes please, thank you." Ryou said, and without thinking, added, "I love you."