3: Psycho

Melvin stole fries from everyone's plates, having already shoveled down his own plateful.

Bakura didn't care much, but Marik made countless, fruitless attempts to swat at Melvin's hand. This only prompted Melvin to want to steal them even more.
Eventually, Marik stopped and just pushed his plate toward him. "Just frigging take them, you jackass!"

Melvin only laughed. "I'm just having fun, Marik, don't take it so personally."

Bakura just took a handful and stuffed them into his mouth. "You guys are pathetic." He said, spitting some at them with his words.

Marik huffed. "You're just going to watch? This was not how I was planning to spend my afternoon, Bakura! I could've been at home doing so many better things than just sitting here while Melvin steals my food!"

"Really?" Melvin spoke before Bakura had a chance. "And what exactly would you be doing? Reading yaoi?"

Melvin laughed as Marik's face reddened. "N-no!" He stammered. "Just...oh, frig off, Melvin!"

Bakura snickered. "Marik, if you really want to leave, you can just take my car." He took the keys from his pocket and jingled them in front of Marik to see. "I don't want a single scratch on it, though. Or else I will brutally slaughter you."

Marik snatched them from his hands. "What about you?"

"Melvin can drive me home."

Melvin only shot him a look. He hadn't been alone with Bakura for months, he wasn't sure what to expect.

Skeptical and hesitant, but unquestioningly, he moved from his seat. "I'm not paying my share, since Melvin ate it." Marik began to walk away. He looked back, though, making sure Bakura knew what he was doing. Never ever had Bakura let him use his car, so whatever he was doing was obviously something that he needed Marik gone for.

He'd bring it up later, but Marik definitely wouldn't with Melvin present to intervene.
So he just left without another word.

Needing to wait a bit for Marik to vacate the premises, they both relaxed in their seats. "So." Melvin began, not really sure how to start a conversation. "How's life?"

"I had to deal with all your shit when you got to hang out at your cushy madhouse."

"My shit?" Melvin was no longer smiling and laughing. "Are you talking about the car?"

"Yes. And a month or two's worth of your rent. And that your apartment had actual mold."

"You cleaned my apartment?" Melvin wanted to strangle him for the lemon stench. "Where the hell did you put my razors?"

"They rusted, I threw them out."

"And you didn't get me any more?"

Bakura scoffed at him. "You realize how much money I've spent on your upkeep, right? You owe me, big time."

Melvin turned to eat the rest of Marik's fries. He could feel Bakura's eyes on him, which made him chew faster.

"Melvin. I'm not done talking to you."

"I'm done listening." He uttered. "You know, considering how much you care about me financially, you don't seem to care emotionally. I just got out of an institution, Ra's sake, and this is how I'm greeted for finally fitting society's standards?"

Bakura spoke quietly so no other tables would hear. "You killed someone, Melvin. You weren't on some school trip, nor did you wake from a coma. You got the not-prison option of a felony. You should consider yourself lucky."