15: Stuff about Creampuff

Insulting Ryou's cooking was fun. Even if there wasn't anything wrong with his breakfast, Melvin still found it hilarious to watch the happiness drain from Ryou's eyes as he said something as simple as, "I've had better."

It was still upsetting, though, and also a little intriguing; Ryou didn't fight back.

He kept his sweetness standing firm and didn't let the smile fade away from his face. What was up with that?
Why was he so damn friendly? Was life just so perfect for him that he would like to jump around and rub it in everyone's face?

Was he that set on maintaining his front? Would that kindness not falter until he had Melvin at his mercy?

With a scowl, Melvin snarled, "Not everyone has eaten enough pixie dust to be the sweetest thing in the world."
He got up from the chair and in the lightest, sweetest, and most British voice he could muster, he mocked, "It's okay, I'm not a professional cook." He made jazz hands and wore a sarcastic smile. "We're having a conversation now, aren't we? Therefore, I win!"

Melvin obnoxiously twirled the lower strands of his hair. He looked straight at the TV in disdain. "Screw you, telly."

Melvin made it his personal goal that he was going to break Ryou. He was going to find what he could do to shatter his smile and expose him for the lying, manipulative bitch that he really was. No one was ever that nice, not for real.

"Easy ways to make someone upset..." Melvin thought, roaming around with a finger on his chin. "...hit home."

He looked toward Ryou's bedroom door, knowing he was inside. It wasn't until he opened the door that he realized he was actually going to initiate another conversation with Creampuff.

"Oh, hello." Ryou greeted as he looked up from his book, caught a bit off guard. "Did you need something?"

Melvin made a noise that sounded a bit like "eh."

With a heavy sigh, Ryou closed the book and set it on his nightstand, then sat up properly. "Well, next time, could you please knock?"

"Why?"

Ryou shifted uncomfortably on his bed. "I...um..." He shrugged. "I could've been naked or something."

Melvin's devious smirk made him shudder. "I don't see that as a reason not to come in."
He sat on the edge of the bed, and said, "It's your turn."

"M-my turn...?"

"I told you about me. Therefore, you tell me about you." He crossed his arms. "So tell me about you."

"Oh. Okay, I guess." Ryou thought for a moment, tapping his chin. "Well, I'm a male. Making that clear right now."

"Keep telling yourself that."

Ryou laughed and Melvin's heart skipped a beat, which made him think, What the hell was that?

"Um, let's see, what else...?" Ryou pulled his knees to his chest instead, and leaned back onto his pillow. "I work two jobs. I like reading...?"

After getting just pointless info, Melvin huffed. "Look, how about I ask questions and you answer them?"

Ryou raised a brow. "Looking for the dirt on me?"

Melvin's face paled, and Ryou laughed.

"I'm only teasing. Though, I'm not sure there'd be a whole lot to find."

Now Melvin was the one sitting criss cross applesauce on the bed. He leaned his elbows on his knees and leaned forward.
"Are you gay?"

Ryou laughed again. "Goodness, you sure are quite to-the-point, aren't you?" Then he shrugged. "I'm actually bisexual, but I lean a little more toward men."