19: Discomfort in his Comfort

Melvin dared to shift his weight when watching the movie, only to find that Ryou was leaning on his shoulder, snuggling next to him.

The lack of heat in the apartment- or, "flat", as Ryou had called it- made Ryou shiver in his spot.

"No." Melvin snarled. "Don't you dare."

Ryou clutched his arm in his sleep, shifting to lay his head on Melvin's lap.

Melvin wanted to coo.

So, the initial plan was going to be postponed—Ryou couldn't possibly try to hurt him while he was asleep, and that squishy lil face was kinda irresistible.

He ran his hand through Ryou's hair, knowing that the boy was probably exhausted from working all the time. Melvin tried not to think about what he might've been dreaming about, since it probably would've been irrelevant—a mountain of books, a river of tea.

This was some new type of affection to Melvin; no one had ever been this close to him and didn't move from their spot. His chest was feeling weird, all tingly and whatever.

Melvin moved Ryou's head off so he could lay down on the inner half of the couch. Ryou was supposed to face out and away.

Then Ryou's arms came out from underneath himself, and he wrapped them around Mariku in attempt to get more warmth from him.

No! I'm not warm! I'm not cuddly! Melvin thought, feeling a little angry now. I'm cold and evil! I'm to be feared! Fear me, Creampuff!!!

Seeming like a response, Ryou nuzzled his face against Melvin's chest.

...Ra damnit.

If he were to stay any longer, Melvin would surely find himself wanting to cuddle Ryou back. It didn't stop him from gently brushing his soft, white hair out of his face.

Carefully and quietly, he picked Ryou up, but he couldn't seem to pry him off of his chest. So he just carried him, holding him up by his rear end so he didn't fall.

Even though Ryou was more conservative with his body...he did have a nice ass.

Melvin entered Ryou's room and kicked off one of his shoes so that he could pull Ryou's blankets down with his foot.

"Okay, Creampuff. This is the part where you let go."

Ryou's hands clutched his back, trying to hold on to his warmth.

Melvin pried him off, then he gently placed Ryou onto his bed and folded the blanket tucked him in.

He stood to close his window curtains, but he found himself looking out the window and eyeing the view of the whole city. The view was blurry because of the raindrops, but he could still make out that clouds had hidden any potential stars and the moon, and the streets below were empty.

Thunder began to crackle, and the next thing he knew Ryou had shot up from out of bed.

When Ryou turned to face Melvin, he cowered a bit. All he saw was a black silhouette of a person, and only the window behind them.

"You okay? You sound like you're dying." Melvin said in attempt to get Ryou recognize him.

Ryou sighed in relief. "I thought you were...a demon or something."