We Will Never Forget You

I woke from my nap cause it was time to eat. I stood up, my leg a little sore cause I was laying on it. I slowly made my way over to the center of the clearing. "There you are," ShootingStar said as she trotted over to me. "Sleeper aye?" I was a little embarrassed," uh y..yea, yea totally." I was very  embarrassed now. "Its ok, no need to be embarrassed," she leaned a little closer to me and whispered," before I was leader I could and probably would sleep past sunhigh." I laughed a little and walked over to a pile of food. "Wait! Before you start, do you want to eat with me and BlueHeart?" I  mentally screamed. Its an honor to eat with the leader and co-leader. "Yes, I would love that." I put my head down and lifted my right hoof in respect.

    After we ate it was time for boarder patrol, of coarse I didn't go, but it looked cool! I watched the group- FireTail, CookieHoof, and SpottedEar- leave. "Come with me NightHoof," said BlueHeart, making me jump at the sudden appearance. "Where to?" "I was sent by ShootingStar to give you a tour and meet all the other horses. Come, just follow me," he responded. I did as I was said to do.

                                                                                   A Few Minutes Later

       We approached the medicine horse den. I herd her name was SilverWind, but I never met her in person. "SilverWind, come out, I have the new student with me," he yelled. I saw a shadow, then, the most beautiful horse I've ever seen walked out. She was picture perfect! The beautiful blue eyes, the most perfect blue roan colored body, and the nice silverish color mane and tail.

"What do you wa..." she was cut off by the galloping and neighing CookieHoof. "FireTail he.. he.. I don't know, somethings wrong with him! Where's SilverWind?" SilverWind ran right trough me and BlueHeart and once SilverWind made her way over to CookieHoof they were off. I'm guessing ShootingStar herd the commotion and she went fullspeed out of her den, but before she left she said," BlueHeart and NightHoof." BlueHeart ran and so did I. I don't know where we're going. I hope FireTail will be ok.

    After we got to where the patrol was I saw FireTail laying on the ground. SilverWind didn't bring any herbs or plants  or anything. "NightHoof this is an emergency, I need you to go and get the dark green and red leaf bag in my den. Its right by the entrance. Go now!" I went full speed back to base camp. Trough the forest, then jumping over Glidder Creek, I felt alive! Unlike being in the barn here i get to see the real beauty of nature. I got back to camp and everyone crowded me. "Is he ok... will he make it...where are the other horses?" "GET OUT OF THE WAY," I screamed.I went to the den, grabbed the bag, and went back to the spot. When I got there SilverWind grabbed the bag out of my mouth and went to FireTail. But I'm guessing it was to late. Its been a few minutes of her with FireTail, but she just backed away. She got on her front knees and put her head between her legs. Every horse did the same, including me. When we got up ShootingStar said," This horse will be remembered by all of RiverHerd. His loyalty, trust, and love put into this herd his whole life. He will  be remembered and loved forever and always, and hopefully he will be happy with his father and grandfather in StarHerd. Please, StarHerd, let him in. He is the nicest horse I have ever met." She started to tear up. BlueHeart comforted her. I was lost in all this confusion.

So lost....