Chapter 47.

Amaris.

"Anything interesting happen yet?" Aaliyah asked as she sat besides me sipping her drink.

"No, how you get that drink inside here? Ain't there security at the door"

"I know him" she shrugged her shoulders. "I make things happen"

"Oh okay" I said putting my attention back on the judge.

I watched as she kept her focus on The lawyer and listened to what he had to say. Honestly he talked to much and just needed to hurry up so we could here the results on if they were getting sentenced or not.

When he was finally done talking the judge took her time reading over some papers she had in front of her. I crossed my fingers hoping that Nolan would at least be here to see his child come out.

The Judge closed the folder as silence fell over the court room. She was making me nervous due to the fact that she was just staring at the clock and not talking.

"This lady tripping" Aaliyah sucked her teeth loud enough for some people to look back. "We done been here since 8:00am it's 10:05am she need to make up her mind"

"My decision has been made." She finally said as my leg began to shake. "I had enough evidence to say that your client mr. Lorenzo is guilty. He will be serving 8 years in Virginia state county jail, officer take him out my court room"

I silently prayed as she looked between Nolan and Derek. Aaliyah grabbed my hand rubbing over it with her thumb as the judge began to speak again.

"Nolan will be sentenced 3 years in downtown county jail. And as for Derek he will serve 1"

My heart literally shattered into pieces as those words came from her mouth. I wiped my eyes standing up no longer wanting to be in the room anymore. Aaliyah tugged my arm as we were walking out making me look in Nolan's direction.

"I'm sorry" was what I saw him whisper before he turned around to be walked out.

"You need to talk to him about you and Jermaine as soon as you get a chance to see him" Aaliyah mumbled shaking her head.

"He's going to hate me" I wiped my eyes. "He ain't ever going to want to talk to me"

"So you sure you want to be with Jermaine? You feel something with him"

"Yes" I nodded. "I just haven't told him I made up my mind"

"Ok am-"

"What if Nolan doesn't even want to see his own child because of me?"

"Come on Amaris he ain't that retarded. I'm sure he will want to be in his child's life"

"I hope so"

"Just remember on the day you tell him you was sleeping with somebody while you had his child in you might not be the best. He will probably say some shit he don't mean so don't take it to the heart trust me"

"Thank you" I said looking over at officer lean talking to officer George. "I'm going to go talk to officer lean for a minute"

"Aight I'll wait by the car" she patted my shoulder before walking away.

I took my time walking over to officer lean and officer George just because they looked like they were having a conversation. Nolan's lawyer appeared in front of me stopping my train of thoughts as he held out a piece of paper.

"This is the receipt for the money that was transferred to my account. Thank you"

"Well somebody did. It was under your name so your the person I have to give it to" he handed me the receipt.