Chapter 10.

Amaris.

2 days later// Wednesday.

"Jason can you get me the final box of movies that came in today. Jermaine wants me to set them up in the kids room" I asked

"Alright give me a couple of minutes Short short" he smiled causing me to chuckle a little.

It was my third day working in the library and I already felt like I've been working here for years. I got along with everyone except for Brianna of course and that was only because she had her own reasons for not liking me.

Jason gave me the nickname short short yesterday when I asked Aaliyah to help me reach the top of the shelf. and from there everyone called me short because of Jason.

"here short short "

"thank you" I said as I grabbed the box making my way to the kids room.

I went towards the back and set the box down as I noticed Brianna making her way to me. trying to avoid any conversation with her I opened the box and began putting the movies on the table.

"hello" she cleared her throat and I looked at her.

"Yeah ?"

"Jermaine needs you in the front. Ms.York just left for her personal reasons." she rolled her eyes.

"I'm not done with the movies yet"

"well the only reason I'm telling you this is because I can take it from here damn get with the program and shit."

"Bi-"

"Eric is taking lunch break I'm gong to need you to take care of his position. He has a whole line of people that need help with the computers" Aaliyah cut me off looking at Brianna.

I walked around the box and made my way to the front desk. When I got there it was only four people in the line one of them I recognized.

"sorry for the wait. How may I help you ma'm ?"

"Well I wanted to check this book out" she lifted up the book "but I couldn't because some young man said I did not return kings of the night which I did "

"hold on" I excused myself from the desk going over to Jason.

"Jason I need help. I don't know how to search if someone returned something or not"

"just go on files scan the persons library card make her give you the last 4 digits of her phone number and a bunch of shit will pop up and you'll get it from there" he shrugged.

"thanks" I said while walking back to the front desk.

"Library card please" I put my hand out as she placed her library card in my hand. "Last four digits of your phone number ?"

"8875"

as Jason said a bunch of shit would pop up it did. It told me from what she returned and from what she didn't which was kings of the nights.

"Ma'am I'm sorry but on my computer it says that you checked out kings of the nights 3 weeks ago and haven't returned it since then. Maybe you should double check for any last places you may have kept it"

"this is foolish. I returned that godamn book! Where Ms.York I want to speak to your manager" she yelled causing a scene.

"Ima need you to lower your voice and calm down this hea' is a library and all that yellin' is unnecessary" Jermaine said standing beside Me

"are you the manager ?"

"Yeah and I'm gon' have to tell you that you can't come back here. I'll send you the check of that missing book later on and that's all." He looked over her but she didn't move.