No way, men!

Haytham
The tall tired looking guy smiled at me and reached for my hand. I felt awkward as Aaliya introduced me. I don't know if i imagined it but i think Aaliya was stammering. I could hardly hear anything, all i wanted to do was leave but Tamim kept talking to me.

"Aaliya has told me so much about you." He said as he made me sit down on the sofa.

"Really?" I finally managed to talk. "What about me?"

I watched as Aaliya rolled her eyes.

"Don't mind him, he talks too much." She said as she gave Tamim tea. The guy simply winked at her. I wanted to erase that scene from my memory immediately it got into my head.

"How is our little angel doing?" He asked as Aaliya sat next to him. She softly said the kid was okay. I wanted to disappear in thin air.

"I should probably leave." I said and got to my feet.

"Why so soon?" Tamim asked with a goofy grin.

"Tamim, Haytham must be tired." Aaliya said and i looked at her. She looked at me and for a moment it was just her i could see. I watched as she swallowed hard. I quickly turned away.

"Ooh that is sad but you should come again." Tamim smiled broadly again. "In fact you should come to my sister's wedding. Next week on Saturday. It will great having one of Àaliya's friend around."

I nodded my head and reassured him that i would come. I walked out of the house and didn't even look at her.
***********†****""****"*******†**********

Jem was in my room when i arrived. He stood in front of me with his hands in his pocket. He looked serious.

"Where have you been?"

"At Aaliya's." I said with a crooked grin.

"You better be careful. Don't do anything foolish."

"I am not having one of my favorite nights tonight so the last thing i want is you going all crazy with me."

"Relax mate." Jem said and sat next to me. "What happened?"

I didn't feel like talking but knowing jem i knew i had no other choice.

"Aaliya's mom died and she doesn't even want to tell me what happened to Ahsad." I started and watched as Jem sighed. "Ooh and not to forget that she is married and has a little baby."

Jem's mouth dropped and I brushed my hand through my hair.

"What do you mean married? It's been hardly a year."

"I don't know. So can I please sleep?"

"Why are you so mad?" Jem asked puzzled. I wanted to tell him why but i realised that even I didn't know why.

"You are in love with-"

"No men, you are crazy." I said with a shrug.

"You came all the way here 'coz you love her and now that you can't have her you are mad and disappointed." Jem said and smirked at his achievement. 

"No way Jem. It can't be." I retorted  at him.

"It is true. That puppy face you always have when you run into her at the reception area. I have seen it before." Jem stood up and smirked at me. "You use to have it when you were crazy about Ariana."

"Seriously, i have never been crazy about that bossy lady."

"Yeah right!" Jem was still smiling sheepishly. "You love her and I can't blame you for that. I have never seen an Arab girl that pretty and sophisticated."

"Whatever!" I said as i drove him out of my room. "Just get the hell out of my room."

"Aye aye captain!" Jem said in his thick Britain accent. "Hung in there lover boy!"  I fought the urge i had to strangle him.