Chapter 15 - Unexpected Pt 2

The end of the story is near. I was hoping to get at least up to 20 chapters but we'll see. Enjoy :)

"My father was in a meeting the last time I saw him. By now, he should be in his study with a glass of wine and looking through letters" Legolas informs me as we reach his halls.

"That's good, I thank you for everything Legolas" I place a hand on his shoulder.

"I thank you for making my father happy. As long as he is happy, then so am I" We stop at a door and Legolas opens it.

"My father never comes around these parts so you should be fine. But be cautious when you leave"

"Okay, I might retire for the night. It's been a long day"

"I will send a maid in for breakfast tomorrow and lunch. I will then come and collect you for the party" Legolas bows and leaves with Tauriel.

I shut the door and walk to the balcony doors. I open the doors and a gust of cool wind blows through my hair, making me instantly feel calm. I lean against the rail of the balcony and overlook the forest.

I start to feel the nerves getting in the way, mixing my feelings up. I want to be with Thranduil again but there is this feeling at the back of my mind where it's telling me that he doesn't want me anymore. I guess time will only tell.

<><><><><>

"Come in" I call out after I hear a knock on the door.

"My queen, I have come to help you prepare" I turn around to see Tauriel with a couple of maids behind her.

"Call me Miriel Tauriel" I gesture for her to come over, the two maids shut the doors and Tauriel stands next to me. "Where is Legolas?"

"Helping his father prepare everything, also distracting him" Tauriel looks at all the dresses I have hinging in my closet. "He said he will come pick you up a little after Thranduil enters"

"That sounds lovely. Should I take a bath now?" I ask and she nods. Both the maids come out of the bathroom, telling me that my bath has been prepared. I thank them and head into the bathroom. I strip down and slowly sink myself down into the bath. The warm water and the sweet scent instantly calms my nerves.

I grab a bottle of soap and scrub it all over my body, then washing it off with the water. I then call in a maid and she grabs the shampoo, lathering it in my hair, giving me a massage in the process. I sigh in content and sink further into the water. She then taps my shoulder and I dunk my hair under the water as she rinses all the soap out.

She then grabs another bottle and runs the conditioner through my hair. She then taps me on the shoulder once again and I dunk my head under water. After all the soap is off my body, I stand up as the other maid hands me a towel. I wrap it around my body and step out of the bath.

They lead me to the chair in front of the mirror and I sit down. Tauriel comes over with another towel and dries my hair. "Miriel, you shouldn't be so worried. Thranduil won't reject you"

"I know but I have this feeling in the back of my head, telling me otherwise"

"You will be fine. Legolas has spoken to him recently and he misses you dearly and regrets keeping secrets from you" She puts down the towel and takes a brush. She brushes through my long hair, taking out the knots gently.

"Can I ask you a question?"

"Sure" She puts the brush down and begins to create small braids in my hair.

"How come you are now former captain?" I watch her through the mirror as she ties the end of the braid and starts a new one.

"After the Battle of Five Armies, I decided I needed a break from everything. But Thranduil said if I do that, I will have to give up my position" She gives me a sad smile. "I agreed. I only go on scouts now to fill in for anyone"

"Do you ever miss being captain?"

"Sometimes, but I don't regret my decision"

"Well, if you ever feel like becoming a captain of the guard, I will gladly accept you" I smile.

"Thank you so much Miriel for the offer and I will consider it. But don't you have one?"

"I do, Kellorin is his name. He is a trusted Captain but I want to give him a position in court."

"I see" She ties the end of the final brad and stands back to look at her handiwork. "Beautiful"

"Thank you Tauriel" She smiles and takes the silvery dress that one of the maids passed to her. I stand up and take the dress from Tauriel, walking into the bathroom to put on the dress. I drop the towel and slip the dress on.

This was my mother's dress. I kept it as a memory of her. I can't believe it fits me. She wore this when she was young to parties. I look in the mirror at my reflection. I can see my mother in there. She smiles at me before disappearing and I'm staring at myself.

I walk out of the bathroom and see Legolas talking to Tauriel, the other two maids are nowhere to be seen.

"Legolas" I say, getting the attention of both elves. They look in my direction and Tauriel's eyes widen and Legolas' jaw drops. "What?"

"Nothing, it's just you look very beautiful Miriel" Tauriel compliments. Legolas nods in agreement.

"Father would definitely be surprised" He smiles. "Ready to go?"

"Hold on" I walk over to my bedside table and open the drawer, taking out my circlet and placing it on my head. "Let's go. Tauriel thank you for everything and consider what I said."

"You're very welcome Miriel. And I will consider your kind words" Legolas and I leave my room and walk towards the party. My nerves being rattled in my body as the sounds get louder and louder.

Forever Alone (Thranduil Fanfic)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें