Chapter 13 - Second Chances

Hey guys, it's been so long since I've updated. School ends in a week and a half and assessments are done so I don't feel so stressed anymore. So I may be writing more, this story is almost finished so enjoy :)

"Thank you so much for everything Miriel" Legolas lowers his head and Gimli bows down.

"It was my pleasure. I hope you will visit again" I give them a smile. Filming walks over to his horse to finish tying a few things to the saddle. Legolas goes to join him but I grab his arm. He turns back to give me a confused look.

"Can I talk to you for a moment?" I ask him and he nods. I take him away from the entrance of the city and made sure no one else was listening. "I thought over what you said"

He looks down at me with hope. "Yes, and what have you been thinking"

"I will give your father a second chance. But it will take time to fully trust him" I say truthfully.

"That is all he needs. As long as you are there, he will be happy" Legolas smiles and gives me a hug. "When you're ready, you should come and visit us. We can make it a surprise"

"We should keep in touch then. Don't let your father know anything yet." I then nod to Gimli. "You should get going, your friend is getting quite impatient"

Legolas chuckles. "He will just have to get used to it"

"Goodbye Legolas, save travels" I wave as he walks to his horse and Gimli, mounting and horse and helping the dwarf up.

"Thanks again" Gimli shouts over to me. I smile at the both of them. Soon they are off, Legolas giving me one last nod before focusing on their journey home.

I walk back into the city, into my halls that were once full of life and are now dull. My people and Legolas are right, Thranduil did change me. When I left him, I have fallen into a dark hole where I could never get back up. But now I think I should get back up and be a better queen for my kingdom.

I sit on my throne and lean back, thinking of how I should meet up with Thranduil. I don't even know what to say to him when I meet him. I shake my head, this is harder than I thought, and maybe I shouldn't meet up with him for a while.

<><><><><>

A couple of weeks later

"My queen, a letter has been sent from the Woodland Realm" Kellorin walks in, bowing shortly before handing me the letter.

"Thank you, you may go" He nods and leaves. I flip the letter over and open it up, looking at the bottom to see that it's from Legolas.

To Miriel,

Father's birthday is coming up soon and you know how we talked about surprising him. I thought it would be a great idea if we could surprise him by you coming here. He is holding a feast for the whole kingdom in three days from now. Tell me if you want to come and I'll organise something. I will understand if you can't make it for many reasons but I hope that you can.

Legolas

I tap my chin in thought. What Legolas is suggesting is not so bad. But then, what if Thranduil doesn't want me anymore? I decide against it. I order someone to get me a pen and paper and I begin to write my note.

To Legolas,

I think it's a great idea to come and surprise your father. But I don't know what to do when I finally meet him after so long. I will come a day before the party, we can meet at the edge of the forest and enter the halls without Thranduil noticing. I can remain hidden until the party. That is if that's okay with you.

Miriel

I put the pen away and fold up the letter. I get one of my fastest messengers to deliver it to Legolas and only Legolas, not letting anyone else see but him. I lean back on the throne and look up at the ceiling. The ceiling was painted like the heavens. My mother suggested it so whenever my father was stressed, he looked up and instantly felt calm.

I only hope that Thranduil won't push me away, or else I wouldn't know what to do.