Chapter 15

*Kairav's POV*

The world around me stopped. My mind was all over the place. I could hear someone crying; people were yelling, but I couldn't understand what they were saying. "Sh-she's dying?" was the only thing I managed to say before my vision became blurry. My body temperature dropped. Soon after, everything eventually started to slowly fade away into a black atmosphere.

*Time-Skip*

My eyes fluttered open, the bright light blinding me for a few seconds. I had a huge headache, I looked around the room and saw my sibling's eyes had been fixed on me.

"Hmm, what happened?" I muttered, rubbing my head as if it would make the pain go away.

"You fainted after we told you about mother's condition." Kaynan sighed.

"R-right." I said as I grabbed the tray of food that Masrur left for me.

"However, I have another important topic to discuss with you."

"What is?" I murmured.

"Due to mother's condition, father has become depressed; before Arcanos, Adana, and I left Xylon, he announced that he will step down from the throne leaving me as the 23rd King of Xylon. The coronation will also be held in 2 weeks. We will be inviting King Sinbad to the coronation aswell, but it be great if you could come too."

"O-oh well congratulations Kaynan, and I'm sure I will be coming with King Sinbad." I said as I put on a forced smile and hugged my twin brother.

"Thank you Kairav, but we should leave, after all you still need your rest. And you should know that we have informed King Sinbad that we will be leaving back to Xylon in two days." said Kaynan.

"Bye Kairav." They all said in unison.

"Oh okay, goodbye." I sighed as took a seat on my bed.

As my siblings walked out the room, Alushia had walked into the room and jumped on top off my bed. She curled her large body against mine, nuzzling her head into my hair.

"Hey Alushia how about we go for a ride around the palace" I suggested, hoping that it will enlighten my mood.

However she barked, disagreeing at the idea.

"What do you think I need to rest too?" I snapped, only to have her agree immediately.

"Oh c'mon, I've been resting for 3 days now. Don't you think I'm fine now, after all you're going to be doing all the walking." I whined.

I could here her groaning as she hopped off my bed and kneeled down on the floor, signaling me to get on her back.

"Woohoo! I knew you loved me! But let me just get dressed first." I cheered as I slid of my bed, untied my hair from the bun I made last night and walked towards one of my cabinets. I rummaged through one of the drawers until I found a black sleeveless turtle neck crop top, a pair of black shorts and a pair of dark teal harem pants over the shorts. I reached into another drawer to grab a large silver collar, that had reigns attached to the back.

After getting dressed, I walked back to Alushia and placed the collar over her head and let it slide down her neck. Carefully I lifted up my right leg and swung it over Alushia's body, allowing me to comfortably sit on her back. I grabbed the reigns attached to her collar, and lead her outside my bedroom and into the hall way.

"Let's go." I cheered as Alushia ran full speed through the hallway.

As Alushia sprinted around the palace, we earned a few stares and screams from the castle staff members. I laughed at each expression from the staff members. It felt quiet relaxing having the cool ocean breeze flow through my wavy brown locks, in fact I didn't even feel pain from my wound. I guess missed riding Alushia, and if I were correct I think that last time I took Alushia for a ride was a month ago.