Chapter 30| Te Amo, Lucy

Lucy's POV

I woke up to the sound of Natsu talking to himself. I saw that I was fully clothed. Was it a dream? I look to my right and try to sit up but I felt a sore pain in the middle of my thighs... Yup it happened. I smiled and checked the clock it was 2:32AM. Natsu looked at me and smiled. He cradled me in his arms and started stroking my back lightly.

We lay in silence for a while; Natsu's arms felt so warm and safe that I was starting to get sleepy. "Say something in Spanish," I mumbled.

He kissed my hair. "Te amo, Lucy," he said quietly.

I came awake, smiling into the darkness. "What does that mean?" I whispered.

I could almost hear his own smile. "What do you think it means?"

I hugged him, kissing his collarbone and wondering if it was possible to actually die of happiness. "Te amo, Natsu." (L/N: If you still don't understand what it means just comment or google it.)

You'd think that a cabin in the middle of nowhere, with no TV or electricity, would be a place where you'd start to go pretty seriously stir-crazy soon. But it was the exact opposite. Being with Natsu, in a place where we could relax instead of being constantly on the run, was just. . . magical. That first morning, I woke up to find him lying on his side with his head propped on his hand, looking down at me and smiling.

~

Lucy's POV (still)

Tingles swept over me; it was like waking up and remembering that it's Christmas. "Good morning," I said, drinking him in. His eyes looked almost pure blue in the morning light; there was a faint hint of stubble on his jaw.

"Morning." The muscles of his chest moved as he leaned over and kissed me. Long, slow, deep. He smelled of sleep and a warm smell that was just Natsu. I felt myself falling.

"That. . . is such a nice way to wake up," I murmured when the kiss ended.

Natsu stroked my cheek with the backs of his fingers. "Not as nice as just waking up and seeing you there, lying beside me. I thought for a second I must be dreaming."

"Was it a nice dream?" I asked. I couldn't stop smiling.

He grinned; his pink hair was rumpled from sleep. "Oh, yes. It was a very, very nice dream."

We kissed again. It grew deeper; Natsu wrapped his arms around me, drawing me close against him. His back was smooth and warm. I ran my hands over it as we kissed, loving the feel of his skin, and almost went faint as his lips moved briefly to my neck and then found my mouth again. In my entire life, nothing had ever felt as good as Natsu kissing me like that. When we finally pulled apart, both our hearts were pounding.

I cleared my throat, skimming my fingers along his forearm. We shouldn't push it that far... I thought.

"I know," he broke in softly. He reached for my hand, linking his fingers through mine. "Lucy, it's OK. We'll do whatever you want. I just want to be with you; I don't care."

And I had known that he would say that, but it was still good to hear it. I let out a breath. "Kissing like that is so— amazing," I said. "Maybe I could just get used to that for a while."

"Yeah, OK." Propping himself on his elbow again, Natsu gazed down at me. He touched my hair, toying with a long strand. "You know, just— being here with you, having you here beside me— it's incredible. When you're ready for something more, then great, but I really don't mind."