"yes ma'am."

xxxx

"oh my god, Kehlani, you're not going to believe what's happening?" Dinah squealed, as she fixed her hair.

"what's happening?" Kehlani asked, confused.

"i'm going to be marrying Normani."

"wait, hold on, the girl that hates you for no absolute reason?"

"yeah.." Dinah said, unsure of how to respond.

"why the hell are you happy about that? it's not like she's going to love you back Dinah."

"things can change. you never know what might happen."

"D, i'm not letting you get hurt. if she hurts you, her ass is going down."

"Lani."

"don't Lani me."

"don't hurt her."

"no promises."

"i will hate you if you do."

"really? if she hurts you, you're just going to let her?"

"well no."

"that's why i'll be there to kick her ass."

"just.." Dinah sighed. "never mind, do what you want then."

Kehlani noticed how quick Dinah's mood changed in a quick second. she walked over and hugged Dinah.

"you're my little sister, i can't have anyone hurting you. i hate how you get so excited for a girl that despises you."

"that's going to change hopefully."

"and if it doesn't?"

"then it doesn't. i'll give up on her."

"you mean that?"

Dinah nodded her head, as tears streamed down her face. Kehlani wrapped her arms around her sister, pulling her in for a tighter embrace. she loves her sister a lot but she is not going to stand Dinah getting hurt. that's something that will never happen.

"Lo?" Kehlani spoke in the phone, as she tucked Dinah in the sheets.

"what's up?"

"we're going out tonight."

"what?"

"i heard from Tori that Ally is hosting a going away party."

"what does that do with me?"

"you like Ally, i need to get to know this girl that Dinah's been drooling over. i have to know if she's worthy to be with my sister."

"you make it seem like i'm not even her sister."

"Lauren, that's not important."

"it is! i'm her sister too and you don't think i don't like that dad is making her do the arranged marriage?"

"i never said that. i swear you just get mad for no reason. this is why we don't talk."

"no, we don't talk because you don't like the fact that Dinah loves me more."

"then why aren't you the one comforting her?"

"okay, see that's not fair. you know exactly why i'm not there."

"just get your ass here as soon as you can."

"i'll see if i can get out of class early."

"i don't see why you're doing med school."

"because i want to help people. it's a helpful thing when there's been an accident. plus Tori's there too."

"just get her notes later. you need to hurry up so we can dress up."

"you got it. i hope he will let me but if he doesn't, we're going to be a little late to the party."

"as long as i get to meet her, that's fine. i just need to know what the fuss is about."

"i've seen her before."

"and?"

"she's beautiful."

Kehlani scoffed before ending the call. Dinah shouldn't be liking this girl. she doesn't like the fact that Dinah likes a beautiful girl that doesn't like her back. who will never love her back. if Normani does love her back, Kehlani might change her mind about Normani.

a/n: i have so many books that writing is bad for me. i literally have like 11 drafts and i can never finish some because i get new ideas. here's another one. i posted one of the chapters because it wasn't letting me edit it so that was the only way to let me edit it. i'm still working on this but i have 11 chapters for this one and i'm honestly kinda scared to see if people will like it or not. i'm trying to finish all the books i never finished so i'm sorry that i never finish my books.