11. By playing with my feelings

"Hey," A voice calls from the edge of my consciousness, "wake up."

"Mm." I answer Xander.  

"You have class."

"Mm."

"Get up."

"Five minutes." I mumble.

"No."

"Ples.."

"Pour water on her." Ashton's voice comes from somewhere.

"What? no! Don't be so cruel." Megan rebukes him.

"Traitor- kill you- an- family." I mumble.

"I can kill him for you." Axel suggests.

I think I heard a gulp.

"Ok I'll be leaving now haha bye."

"Let the kid sleep for five more minutes, Jim's cool." Zeal offers.

Oh so I've got art with Mr. Timothy, who lets us refer to him by his first name, Jim. He's pretty much the coolest and most laid back teacher in school. He lets us do whatever we want, as long as we get the work done. In my half waking state I hear everyone leaving, saying their goodbyes, and see you later's, and a bunch of mumbu jumbo that is now background noise. Then it's quite again, I assume everyone left.

"Common, I don't have all day." Xander sounds bored.

"Just- go.." I wave a hand dismissively at nothing.

"If I leave you'll fall asleep."

"It's cool- Jim's cool."

There is a soft tugging at my hair, he's playing with my curls again, "If you don't leave, then I won't."

"You'll get into trouble.."

"It would be your fault."

"What? No it won't, you're the one who stayed."

"For you." He lets go of the strand of hair he was playing with.

Oh he's good.

"Fine." I heave my head out of my hands, blink hard a few times, then we both get up.

As we walk out of the cafeteria and towards our classes, I could've asked anything, like ' what class do you have next',or 'where's your locker' but instead:

"What's your favorite ice cream flavor?"

He looks at me, "all the things you could've asked right now, and you choose this?"

"It's important." I defend.

"Strawberry."

I make a disgusted face, not that I have anything against strawberry, I just want to know how much he likes ice cream, you know, to determine how much I approve of him,"ek- how can you like that."