Once inside I pulled out one of the three occupied drawers and pulled the sheet down.

   "That's just sick." Dylan said. I agreed.

   I looked over the head and neck checking for puncture wounds. I ran my hand along the back of the neck but I didn't find anything. "There's nothing here."

"Nothing at all?"

   I shook my head and looked back down at the body. Something stood out from the golden colored hair on the boy's head. I picked it up. It was a strand of thick black hair. "Or maybe this is something."

 * * * * *

   I wiped a hand down my face and over my tired eyes. I sighed. "I got absolutely nothing."

   Dylan sighed. "Me neither." He slammed the computer mouse down on the table. The librarian gave us a hard look. "But I did find out about a woman dying in childbirth about a week before the killings started. Could have a connection."

   I nodded. "Vengeful spirit maybe? Her and her child dies then she takes revenge on any happy family she can find."

   "Or," Dylan stared at the computer where he'd been typing away as I spoke. "It could be a Langsuir."

"A what?" I scooted over to him.

   "I searched black hair and sucking infants blood and this is what I found." He gestured to the computer screen where there was a picture of a woman with long black hair, claws, and a bloody hole in the side of her neck.

   "Really? What exactly is it?"

   "Uh, says here that in Malaysia when a woman and her baby died in childbirth she sometimes became a Langsuir if she wasn't buried properly. Looks kinda like a vamp."

   "How do you kill it?"

   Dylan hummed in the back of his throat as he scrolled through the website. "Nothing here about killing them. But you can tame them by shoving their hair into their feeding hole."

   "How long does it last?"

   "Thirty to fifty years."

   "That's not long enough. We need something that could kill her."

   "But it could buy us some time for now."

   I pursed my lips. "Fine. I think I know where the thing might be holing up. We'll check out the place tonight." I grabbed the map of the area I'd filled with x's and connected them. "Here." I said, pointing to the spot. "All the killings were within a five mile radius of this forest."

   "Great, so we get to trek through a fifty mile wide forest in the middle of night."

   I rolled my eyes. "It's not fifty miles wide, it's a national park and it's only ten miles wide."

   Dylan sighed. "Great."

 * * * * *

   "So you're sure that silver will work?"

"Yep." I answered loading my pistol. "People used to bury them with silver needles to prevent them from becoming Langsuirs so it should work to slow her down."

   "Let's hope."

   We slammed the doors shut on the truck and hid our guns until we got deeper into the woods.

   "How do we know she's not on a hunt?" Dylan whispered.

"Because all the other hunts were on even days. It's the seventeenth. She won't hunt tonight."