Reading 'New Beginnings' | part 2

Last time...

Now. The bus driver wanted to laugh at how is little boy was going to defend the people of the galaxy but he was, however, surprised to hear true conviction in the boy's voice. When he looked into his eyes, he saw some things he would have never guessed he would see in the eyes of someone so young. They looked so sad and dead yet possess determination and strength in character. They were the eyes of a seasoned warrior who had seen many battles and lost much. He was also captivated by Machai's captivating, swirling green eyes with bright orange flecks in them. He would have to keep and eye out for any word on Machai to see if he made anything of himself.

Now...

If only you could see your son now Cadok...

The driver just nodded and plopped down on his seat. He clicked a few buttons and the tornado that went to the west came back and sucked them right up. After they were above the clouds, the bus driver yelled 'hang on' and the bus sped right out of Earth's atmosphere at speeds that probably broke the sound barrier, and it broke it so much so that it didn't even make a sound.

"I, have got to, drive that bus!" Ares exclaimed, basically bouncing up and down in his seat in excitement.

Machai immediately grabbed onto anything he could get his hands on, which happened to be a metal bar on the back of the cushion, and yelled in shock while the driver just laughed at him and said, "Rookie." After they were out of Earth's atmosphere and next to what Machai thought was Neptune, the bus slowed down and he could move again even though they were still going pretty fast.

Poseidon slightly smiled at the mention of the planet that was named after his Roman aspect. He changed to his Roman form for a second and then shifted back to his Greek one.

He looked at the blue planet that reminded him of his father ... well ... former father. He wondered what his father's Roman aspect would be like and if he would've acted the same way towards him. Probably not, but who knows? However, Machai didn't want to dwell on 'what ifs' so he let his mind wander over different topics.

"I still care for you, son." Poseidon said sadly. His poor, innocent baby boy wasn't confident that his father would always be there. Uh, hello? Go back around a month before this! Once again at the mention of his Roman form, he shifted and then he went back to being Poseidon.

As the two sat quietly, Machai decided it would be smart to at least learn as much information about the galaxy since he would be clueless on what to do when he got off the bus. None of the books in Athena's library described anything remotely useful which probably made Athena crazy not to have that information. Machai chuckled to himself.

Athena nodded her head furiously, so fast it was a blur. People blinked, then went back to looking at Hestia's as she continued reading.

"Sooo, what's your name," Machai said trying to start a conversation. The driver slightly turned his head and raised an eyebrow. Machai just sat here looking expectant. "You want to know my name?"

"You asked Percy, excuse me, Machai, for his name. Now he's asking you for your name. See? Not strange at all! Or is it...The suspense, it's killing all of you!" Leo had the back of his hand over his forehead dramatically with one eye closed while the other eye was looking at people's reactions. Many were either eye rolls or shakes of the head at his non-stop goofiness.

Machai was plain ole confused. They were the only ones on the bus and Machai already told him his name. He wondered if it was a custom or something to not ask intergalactic bus drivers their name. Ah, who knew?

Ha ha ha! Ha ha? Ha?

"Nobody knows..." Nico had crept up on Leo, whispering these words in his ear which made Leo set himself on fire in fright and Poseidon dousing him in cold water while also hitting Nico with the cold water as well making an overall grumpy Nico and both were wet and freezing.

Machai said, "Of course I do. We are traveling across the universe for who knows how long..." but was interrupted. "Exactly 3 hours and 22 minutes," the bus driver said matter of factory, which Machai guessed was a fact.

"...wow." Was all Zeus said. Zeus got some looks, those people ended up with their hair sticking straight up.

"Anyways, we are traveling across the universe together and I think it is appropriate that we address each other by our names instead of bus driver or kid. Unless, it is like a custom or something for you to not tell me your name," Machai stated hoping he didn't break a custom rule.

"Why would that be a rule...?" Aphrodite asked, tilting her head off of Hephaestus' shoulder. Her question was left unanswered, poor Aphrodite...

The bus driver actually had a small smile on his face and inwardly chuckled at this kid. Machai was going to have a hard time fitting in at some of these planets with his personality. He looked at the boy and said, "?}{~'#?."

Machai blinked a couple of times and just stared at him for a second hoping that was in his original language since he used his little pincers to say it, because there was no way he was being made fun of when the bus driver smirked at him.

Machai frowned and said, "Ha ha very funny. Now, what's the English translation to that?"

"Ok, not even I can blame Kelp Head for not knowing that. How could anyone pronounce that?" Annabeth said out loud and pondered how one would properly pronounce it. Hestia's gave it her best shot, but ended up failing and skipping saying it in the end.

The driver chuckled and said, "Cadok." He watched the boy think it over and apparently approve of his name with a nod of his head.

"Hmm, interesting name there." Zeus said while scratching at his beard, looking like someone posing for a funny photo.

"That's a pretty cool name. Now then Cadok, you want to give me a three hour crash course on the entire universe!" Machai just looked at Cadok grinning from ear to ear under his mask while Cadok thought with a shake of his head, 'This is going to be a long three hour drive.' He chuckled at the end of his thoughts and they sped through the universe having a crash course session.
_____________________________________________________________________________
Hey guys! This is my last chapter for tonight. Hope you enjoyed!