Reading 'Calm Before the Storm' | part 1

Last Time...

Little did they know what this phenomenon actually meant. But if anyone was to look into Percy's eyes when he gained that semi-faint glow, you would have seen them start to swirl with power that was unknowingly given to him.

Now...

None of the gods said anything about the last part, they knew Percy wouldn't abuse any of the extra power that was unknowingly given to him, however they were curious that they never noticed the change in Percy's eyes at that moment. Zeus noticed that many demigods were leaning on each other, begining to get tired from standing for so long. Zeus snapped his fingers and beanbags appeared for everyone to sit on. The campers took their seats gratefully and then Athena summoned a water bottle, took a sip, and continued on with the next chapter.

Calm Before the Storm

1 Month Later

Percy and his friends lived a happy, peaceful life for a whole month. Some would say that wasn't very long, but for a demigod, it was paradise. No wars to fight and in the seven's case, no wars to lead.

All of the demigods remembered that one month of pure bliss, and were wishing that it would've stayed that way forever.

Everyone from both camps were content. Even though only a few Romans were allowed to visit at a time and vise versa, there hadn't been any fights between the Romans and Greeks which surprised many demigods.

"Well it shouldn't be surprising, you all made amends right?" Athena paused to put her opinion in this. Campers bobbed their heads in agreement, although now they had been working together longer and it was now just natural, so they didn't really think back when they thought it was surprising.

The leaders of both camps had a strict but gentle rule that kept both camps in line. If a problem ever arose, it would be settled diplomatically and end of story. After constant fighting for many years, Percy wanted a break and would not settle for a fight breaking out. This was proven when the campers saw an angry Percy once, and they made a pact to never see it again. It resulted in pain and humiliation to the victims.

The victims of this fight slouched down into their beanbags embarrassed all over again at the mention of this, and rubbed their heads subconsciously. All the campers winced at the memory of seeing what an angry Percy would do.

But, surprisingly to many demigods, when they looked at Percy, it was like the war didn't change him. He was always smiling and cared for the younger campers. Any camper could still see the spark in his eye and sometimes even a skip in his step. All a camper had to do was ask for help and he would drop whatever he was doing and be by their side in an instant.

Everyone smiled fondly at how helpful Percy was, he was the only person they knew who would do that for anyone.

Need a sword lesson? Percy was on his way. Jason needed help to settle a dispute on the Roman side? Percy was on his way. Need help with your archery lesson? Percy... Well, they knew not to ask him for that unless they were trying to embarrass him (which happened quite a bunch to the amusement of the campers).

Many laughed, it was usually a Hermes camper who would ask Percy to help with their archery lesson, and it was always quite the show. The camper would have to stand at least 15 feet away while Percy was nocking an arrow, and would sometimes still have to still dodge away.

~~~

Percy was finally at peace. He watched his friends having a great time with their loved ones and other friends and knew it was the same with the Romans. Percy and Jason worked long and hard to keep the camps from fighting and they were finally able to relax and enjoy themselves.

Everyone appreciated how much Percy and Jason had put into keeping the campers from fighting one another. The fighters looked down, feeling a tad guilty at the trouble they had caused for their two leaders to sort out.

As Percy stretched back into his lounge chair, he felt soft, warm hands cover his eyes when a fake, gruff voice said,

"Annabeth, we need to sign you up for voice impressions, pronto" The Stoll brothers said, already shaking their heads at her attempt to imitate a gruff voice.

"Can you guess who it is?" Percy pretended not to know who it was and felt the hands covering his eyes. He traced the memorized creases in her hands and said, "Hmm, I'm not very wise like some people so I don't know if I can say for sure."

"You can say that again," Athena scoffed. That must've been the understatement of the year.

Annabeth laughed her sweet, hypnotizing laugh that would always and forever be his favorite sound.

Everyone plugged their ears, anticipating something yet to come.
.
.
.
.
.
.
"AAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!"

And yep, there it was. When that was done, everyone unplugged their ears and Athena resumed reading

She uncovered his eyes and went around him to sit on his lap.

Leaning against his chest, Annabeth sighed and said, "It's nice to be able to sit and relax every once in awhile." Percy smiled up at her and simply replied, "Yes, yes it is." With that, they had a passionate kiss expressing their love without words.

Some of the younger campers imitated vomiting. While some (3 guesses) were squealing about how 'Percabeth' was so cute, while some just smiled at how much they had loved each other. Annabeth was remembering this moment in her mind, tears welling up in eyes, but she wiped them away, knowing that if she had trusted Percy to the end, she would have her loving boyfriend right next to her right now.

The campers paused in their daily activities to watch the two lovebirds. They were happy that two of the hardest working people in their lives finally had the time to enjoy themselves and had a much needed rest, even though some of the younger campers were a little squeamish with the show of affection. Everybody owed them so much and could only express their gratitude by doing anything asked of them while wishing they could do more.

The rest of the day went by like the others in the past month with the sounds of training and the lava wall shooting out lava to stop the campers from reaching the top. The clang of swords connecting could be heard in the area with shouts and cheers from the campers. Soft beats of wings from the pegasus flying class was like soothing music to Percy's ear and was one of his favorite classes.
______________________________________________________________________

*ducks a sword that was flung* Sry for the too long wait, it's just that I found a really good series of stories on fanfiction.net, the Altered Destinies series, so sry about that. I admit that I'm also trying to put off writing about Percy's mini torture sessions for as long as I can. As you could see in the chapter title, there will be another part of this chapter, just because it was so long, and for editing reasons. Also, I'm going to try to keep the chapters at least 1,000 words long, but not too long after that, hopefully the chapters'll be able to get it faster that way. Hope you enjoyed, I'm free for any tips you guys would like to give me, so comment them down below in the comments, so yeah, until the next chapter!

1,142 words