Reading 'Calm Before the Storm' | part 3

Last time...

A couple of campers asked what really happened and he just replied that it was a couple of hellhounds and nothing to worry about. Okay with the simple explanation, each headed off back to their cabins or border patrol the same as ever. Not knowing how much their views would change over time.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now...

Tears were starting to leak out of the corners of some campers eyes. Others were holding back their tears, while some were downright sobbing. Moving on, Athena cleared her throat and resumed reading once more.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Camp life went on like nothing happened. The kid, named Nathan, turned out to be a son of Morpheus which explained his physique and was introduced to his other, tired cabin mates. He seemed to fit in with all the others but he spent most of his time doing physical activities unlike his cabin mates who slept more than worked.

At least he tried to do something on his own to gain favor without using his powers first, thought Annabeth

Campers would sometimes find him meditating in a quiet place or in his cabin (which the only noise in there would be an occasional snore) . People just went along with his meditation instead of actually sleeping like a son of Morpheus and guessed meditation was, in a way, sleeping if the campers didn't think too hard about it.

"Meditation is the action or practice of meditating. A written or spoken discourse expressing considered thoughts on a subject. Meditation is a practice where an individual trains the mind or induces a mode of consciousness, either to realize some benefit or for the mind to simply acknowledge its content without becoming identified with that content, or as an end in itself." Athena said in one breathe, the result was an audience who mainly all had fish faces.

However, Nathan was doing far more than meditating. After figuring out he was a child of Morpheus, he worked on his demigod abilities. He didn't have any physical fighting powers like some of the Olympians so he had to work really hard to get himself noticed. His favorite and most practiced power was the ability to enter someone's dreams and add/manipulate any dream they had. He wasn't able to change the person's feelings but the added events he put into their head could.

Athena processed all of this in her mind, now that it was stated right in front of her. It was very clever, she, and the other gods, would have to watch out for future sons of Morpheus.

What many people overlook is that the mind is the most important part of who someone was. While it wasn't obvious on the outside with muscle and beauty in the way, the mind decided how to use what everyone saw. Nathan could argue all day that his ability was one of the most powerful should he be given time. Of course, he would lose in a physical fight with just about any camper. Though if he could manipulate someone's mind before it got physical, then he would be guaranteed to win.

Many looked to Athena to check if this was right, how the mind somehow was the most important part of who someone was. Athena nodded her head, confirming it was true.

He started practicing on his fellow cabin mates since they were always sleeping, and after a few months of practice, he was able to add events such as someone stealing their pillow while Nathan was the actual thief.

"And we've been blaming Percy for all of this, how could we not see the truth? He would never do something like that. It's just not his nature to." Aphrodite said, who was still disappointed in herself, reminded that everyone in the room, aside from the Romans, Hestia and Hades, were partially the reason why their hero had left.

He was quite proud of his power but knew he needed to keep it secret for what he planned to do. He knew the campers didn't believe him when he claimed to kill the hellhounds. He saw how the campers always looked to Percy with the awe and respect that he craved. They were following him like a love-struck fool, well, the Aphrodite campers really were love-struck fools.

That last statement earned Nathan a flock of doves pecking at him, along with three knives surrounding his head, and one angry love goddess in his face, threatening him that if he, or anyone else, thought her children were love-struck fools, there would be no place in the world where they could hide from her wrath.

He tried to learn the fighting skills other demigods learned to get some attention but his body was not built  for that type of training. He had to resort to his wits and demigod abilities if he wanted fame. And, he knew, that the first thing he needed to get rid of was the sole focus of attention, Percy Jackson.

He started out adding dreams into his cabin mates' minds about Percy messing with them and even destroying their favorite pillows, which was a huge deal to his cabin mates. At first, they were just a little annoyed that Percy would do something like that but grew to disgust when their pillows were destroyed.

Speaking of pillows...

"Hey! Who stole my pillow!?"
"And mine!"
"Mine too!"

Zeus face-palmed, he took their pillows in exchange for the bean bags, and thought those would work as pillows. Apparently not.

Accomplished with his own cabin, he started to manipulate the other campers. He started with the minor god cabins and one by one they all started to hate Percy. Most stayed away from him and shunned him so nobody really noticed the amount of hate growing for Percy.

The Greeks became sad, they had actually believed that the two-time Savior of Olympus would do those things.

After successfully manipulating half the camp, he started to move into the big leagues, Percy's friends. Not his best friends for they were going to be the hardest and final blow to Percy. Well, actually the gods would take the most time but he had already been influencing them whe they came to camp.

"Theory absolutely confirmed." Aphrodite stated under her breathe.

See, ever since the end of the war, the gods decided they should spend more time with their children. Not really interfering with their lives which would be against their laws, but just talking to them and making sure their children knew they loved them so another way didn't break out with their own children against them.
_________________________________________________________________________

*face-palm*

I am completely dumb.

I had my mother's IPAD at my disposal, since before I started the whole entire story, yet I didn't even think of using it, I am such an idiot.😐🙄

Hang-in there with me guys, I'm slowly becoming smarter now

Anyways, HAGS everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!

(aka Have.A.Great.Summer for those people who possibly don't know 😉