Reading 'Leaving Behind Old Memories' | part 1

A/N - I know I don't usually do A/Ns in the beginning of a chapter, but right now I'm changing it up a bit into a slight AU from the original story

Last time...

All Percy could think before he burst into tears was, "What happened?"

Now...

"Athena, could I read this chapter please?" Hestia asked, for she had a suspicion of what was going to happen in this chapter, and didn't want to have anyone else but her read about the event that was going to take place. Hestia picked up from where Athena had left off. However, right before she started reading, she felt a familiar presence just slightly appearing in her hearth. She oh so casually glanced at her hearth, and what she saw made her smile, but she hid it with clearing her throat and she started reading.

~~~Up on Olympus right before Percy saw Annabeth with Nathan~~~

The Olympians were having a council meeting just to catch up on any recent events and fix any lasting war damage. Discussion topics such as natural disasters that annoyed some gods while helped other gods, jobs of minor gods, and the usual bickering of the gods also occurred. However, they soon came to the topic of their children's camp which in turn led to the topic of a certain demigod named Percy Jackson.

"Just as a random thought, just exactly how many nicknames does Percy have?" Nico spoke up, which made everyone but Nico, Hades, and Hestia jump slightly, for they had forgotten about Nico. "Don't start the list! It'll just go on and on and on." Aphrodite said before they could get off track and just list all of Percy's many nicknames.

Ares spoke in an enraged tone, "I can't believe that bastard Percy would ruin my bike! It took me a whole week to fix it!" Ares sat on his throne fuming while the other gods gave Ares a look that said, 'You too?' While Hestia, who was sitting at the hearth, wore a confused expression and wondered as to why they were talking about the Hero of Olympus with such distaste and malice.

Hestia slightly frowned at her fellow Olympians, except for Hades, and for Aphrodite a forgiving glance. Everyone on the council except for Hades, was looking down, disappointed in themselves.

Each god described what Percy did to them and Hestia was most surprised when she heard Poseidon say he disowned him with the other gods nodding their heads and saying it was a wise choice. She looked around and it seemed that the only other god in the same boat as her was Hades. Though he was too busy in his thoughts and looking at the other gods to make eye contact with her. Hestia was struck speechless and couldn't understand why the gods would believe Percy, one of the kindest demigods ever known, would ever utterly disrespect them like that. She could not possibly see Percy doing those things. The only solution she could come up with was that someone must be influencing their decisions which in turn worried her of someone had the power to accomplish this.

She abruptly stood up from her hearth and walked to the center of the throne room to the surprise of the bickering gods. She straightened her posture and looked in the eyes of every god and said four words that utterly stunned the Olympians into silence, "You are all fools." Every god sat, except Hestia because she was standing, there in silence, shocked with her words.

"One of the rare moments when they're actually quiet as well!" Leo-who-will-always-stand-alone piped up. Under normal circumstances, he would be a pile of dust right now, instead he's a ballon with one of Santa's elves' hats on. Thankfully for his non-existent fangirls, his face is still there, and he can still use his voice.

However, they were all knocked out of their silence when Aphrodite doubled over and fell out of her throne. Apollo was quick to action and flashed by her side to see what was wrong. He quickly covered her with his aura but didn't feel any internal or external injuries, however, he could tell her godly aura was erratic and what seemed like ... broken.

Many people looked over at Aphrodite, who had just started fiddling with a recently sharpened throwing knife. They look away quickly.

Aphrodite couldn't hold back the tears and started crying which greatly worried the gods. Zeus flashed by her and said, "What is wrong?" in such a worried voice that surprised the other gods in the room. Zeus never really showed that kind of emotion to the other gods but a man can change, right?

"One man can change everyone for worse or best. We got the best results." Athena said, surprising many, complementing her rivals ex-son.

She replied rough chocked sobs, "A ... great love ... was just ... broken. ... A love ... that could outlast time ... just broke." The Olympians were now curious about who this was, but before they could ask her, she flashed out leaving only the smell of overdue perfume behind.

Annabeth, Annabeth, what to do with you. You have a messed up love story, and it's messing with the love goddess too...

After getting over their shock, they found their way back to the thrones and confronted the problem before Aphrodite had a mental breakdown. Poseidon spoke, "What do you mean, Hestia?" Hestia looked outraged which made a couple of gods shiver in fear and all of them pale a good bit.

"What do I mean!?!" She looked at all the gods individually. "I mean think about what you are saying! How could Percy possibly commit these crimes?" At the mention of his name the gods got a disgusted look on their face. Zeus spoke first, "That bastard has decided he is all high and mighty and can get away with anything he wants. You heard our reasons and we saw this with our own eyes."

"That goddess' on fire!!!!!!!!" He now has a strip of duck-tape over where his mouth would be.

Hestia didn't calm down one bit, "Just because your eyes see something doesn't mean it's true! Does this sound like anything Percy would do? He is the most kind and gentle man I have ever met. While he can be a little disrespectful, he would never treat the gods with this much disrespect and you should know that." The gods now had thoughtful faces before semi-admitting that it wasn't something Percy would normally do.

Zeus, who still wholeheartedly believed Percy was guilty, said, "No being is powerful enough to deceive our own eyes and we would have been able to sense if it wasn't Percy." Hestia had had enough. She bid her farewell with a bow to Zeus saying she was sorry for interrupting their meeting, even though they all knew she wasn't, and flashed out. She left most of the gods doubting what they saw but they couldn't bring themselves to agree with Hestia for fear of what they had done.
______________________________________________________________________
Ok, I know this has become routinely, but I'm so so sorry I haven't updated in, like, forever. I finally got up and decided to write what remained to write of this chapter.

Also, before the night ends, if it isn't past 11 o'clock, (Eastern time zone,) you might get lucky and get another update. No guarantees, but if it's after 11 o'clock, there won't be one tonight. Hopefully at least tomorrow then if that happens.

If I happen to have any spelling errors, don't be afraid to comment to me where they are and what they are. I'll also fix any tiny mistakes the original author made if it bothers me, so if you see the story one word different from the original, yeah...

Thank you all for your wonderful support, even though I'm the worst author ever, keeping you guys waiting for SO long, probably think I was dead. I love getting comments, and I love how you guys are waiting for the next chapter to come up. I love you all, and goodnight. 💖