Don't Find Me, Baka |3|

I do not own Naruto or the characters of the show or manga. That belongs to Masashi Kishimoto.

+Edited+

--

Sasuke smirked. The woman really needed to cut him some slack.

Feeling like he waited long enough, he rolled out a few kinks in his body with a quick stretch and hurried out of the kitchen to pack his things. He estimated the trip might take about three days, two if he pushed himself, to make if he was quick and not stuck with someone lazy like he had been a few other journeys to Sunagakure. Hopefully, he would have no interruptions and it would be a smooth mission. He did need a break, after all.

In ten minutes, he was packed and at the gates when Sakura stopped him. He glared at the pack on her back and already knew what she was about to tell him. Before he could say anything, Sakura screamed, "I'm going with you Sasuke! I already asked Lady Tsunade and she said I could go."

'What?' He thought, a little confused. Tsunade had just explained to him how much of a secret the mission was but Sakura is suddenly allowed to go? He eyes her skeptically but with the pitiful look on her face, he relented with a shrug of his shoulders and sprinted out of the village. Silently, he wondered what Sakura knew about their mission and told himself to ask when they got to the Sand village.

-- Two Days Later --

"Sasuke, behind you," Sakura warned from his right.

Sasuke, though, was already a step ahead and shifted just before the serrated edge of a long knife hit his back. He leaned back and used his strength to slam his fists onto the rogue ninjas skull. At connection, the guys quickly fell from the old sandstone building they had been fighting on and landed face first on the ground. He turned to look back at Sakura with the intent to help her, but she had just about finished off with her own opponent. Two down, three to go.

'Why does this always happen?' Sasuke thought as he swung his leg up to hit a tall gray-haired man in the stomach. The man sailed back in a trail of blood and spit off the building. He froze when he felt a burn in his back, just below his heart, and looked back to see a woman with her sword in his back. Sakura's scream knocked some sense in him and he barely thought when he wrapped his hand around the blade to secure it in place. He could each jerk as she struggled to pull it from his chest and knew he needed to end it fast.

Lightning quick, he pushed the sword with him as he twisted his body to provide some form of a distraction. The distraction was just enough for him to pull out his katana and scare the woman away from him. She leaped back, clearly shaken up by his obvious disregard for life, and took off running with a burly looking man twice her size. Sasuke wondered, idly against the pain in his chest, why they would attack anyone if they were such weaklings. 'Desperate little shits.'

Searing hot pain flashed through his chest as the sword was suddenly removed. Before he could curse Sakura for what she had done, he felt his pain ease in the next second. Clearing his throat, he grumbled, "thanks."

"No problem, Sasuke," she said, her hand hovering just above his wound, " those idiots couldn't find the heart if it was marked for them so you're lucky. This Naruto guy better be worth this, though."

'Ah. So she does know who we're looking for.' "Hn."

They moved on from the spot as they were about an hour away from Sunagakure. Both were quiet until they spotted the village. Excitedly, she questioned, "what do you suppose he's like, though? Think he's handsome or a real creep?"

Rolling his eyes for the thousandth time this trip, Sasuke shrugged his shoulders. He had no idea how Naruto would be and care very little to. Ten minutes later, the two ninjas were at the gates and requesting access. Sasuke explained that they were on a mission and that the Kazekage knew that they would be arriving. Sakura had suggested they lie and tell them they were there for the festival but he dismissed the idea immediately.

The guard granted them access and grumbled something about troublemakers before they were out of earshot. Walking beside each other, the Leaf ninja surveyed their surroundings and took in the beautiful setup for the festival.

"It's beautiful, Sasu," she said calmly,"I know we need to worry about finding Naruto, but I'm starving for some festive food. We should eat." Her voice was absolute and threatening which suggested Sasuke comply or die. Shrugging, he allowed her to drag him to the nearest ramen stand. The smell was heaven compare to stale granola bars and hard jerky. They entered the stand and she ordered first, "Spicy Miso Pork, please."

"I will have that, too," Sasuke said when the man turned to him. Resting his head on his intertwined hands and awaited his food while his comrade commented on everything around her. Tuning her out, he strategized on ways to get Naruto Uzumaki back to their village. If he had to, Sasuke would use force to obtain his goal but hoped that the mystery blonde would just surrender easily. Though, he still had to find the man with blond hair and whiskers on his cheeks. Couldn't be that hard, could it?

"Here ya' go," He said, placing two bowls in front of them. Sasuke took his chopsticks and began to eat slowly and determined how they would capture the boy. Sasuke looked over to see Sakura sitting eating just as slow as he was and frowned. She looked like she was settled enough to think about their situation. He was about to tell the girl to think about those things after she eats when a someone with a hooded cloak walked in that caught Sasuke's attention.

The stand owner was turned to his cooking when the mysterious man said, "Spicy Miso Pork, make it a triple." and he placed his head on one hand to wait for his ramen. Sasuke pretended to be looking at Sakura while he really looked at this man. There was something about him that drew Sasuke eyes to him, which was very rare.

The store owner filled three bowls with the soup and other ingredients without even looking at the customer. The sand people do not really seem all that friendly, so Sasuke did not see anything weird about it. He turned back to his ramen after a few more minutes and began to start eating again. 'Focus, Sasuke.' He must be distracted from his extra work. He would never admit it out loud, but he really just wanted to have a night's rest.

"Here you go, Naruto."

--

I'll leave you guys there. Read and comment, please.