#31: A New Council Commander

Log Horizon Zone

Shirayuki Sai's POV
Shiro and I entered. The rest of the guild suprised us with a party and even designs. Almost everyone was there. The Council, friends we met and even Saruhiko. I excused myself to tour Saruhiko around. We ended at the pond. "Happy Birthday, Shira", Saruhiko slapped my back. I laughed and also did it to him. "Saruhiko, thank you for coming. I heard you were in a mission so I didnt bother...", Shira stopped when Saruhiko knelt down. "Marry me", Saruhiko invited. "Wah!", I made him stand. "Have you lost your mind already?", I breathed hard. "What's wrong? You're already 18 and it's legal. We'll be marrying here and then in the real life", Saruhiko invited. Shira pushed Saruhiko on the pond. Her face was all flushed. "Stop teasing me!", Shira scolded. "I was here to tell you the final plan for the boss. The mission starts 3 days from now. It seems that Shiro will be leading the strategy. I was able to read the contents. There will be two groups. Reason why? Because when the other team fails... the next batch will follow. I'm just bothered that everyone in your guild was the front liner... then... one named Shira will be in the next batch", Saruhiko said and Shira's eyes widened.

The next Day

Shira was about to enter their master's room when she teleported back to HOME. She followed him. The Council's building was surrounded by many players. Shira tried to pass through but she was blocked. She walked around and saw Akashi talking to the guards. "Akashi. What happened?", Shira asked. Akashi didnt answer but rushed in giving instruction. A message popped out on Shira's line.

Enter the back door.

Game Master

Shira didnt think but just did it due to her curiousity. She was able to reach the center of the building where everyone is gathered. Reishi is lying on the bed. Shira tried to see his condition and his name got changed. She fell on her knees and had her eyes locked on Shiro who saw her. "I told you not to bring anyone!!!", Esdeath pulled Shiro's collar. "I came here on my own", Shira said and walked heading to Reishi. He was unconcious. "This is not true!", Archer shouted. "Calm down", Kanda dropped his hand on his shoulder. Archer slapped it. "How can I?!", Archer shouted again. "How in the whole world am I protecting someone who is the root of everything?", Archer breathe deeply. "Then how are you sure that the game is not messing in here. Anything can happen in this game. What if the real enemy here saw how Reishi can be a threat", Kanda explained calmly. There was shaking of the ground. "This is bad, this place is a owned by the game master not a private property", Shiro looked at Shira. "Can I trust you?", Shiro asked. "Wha-", Shiro cut her words. "Tell me if its yes or no", Shiro raised his voice. Shira nodded. "Transfer everyone at the Zone. Contact Saruhiko to accomodate some players. Never tell anyone about the Commander", Shiro said. "All he needs to do is to wake up and clear things up", Shiro sighed.

The Next Day
2 days left before the final set up for hunting the Game Master

"This is really funny", Akashi said while looking at Shiro watching the Commander. "What do you think of this?", Shiro asked. "This is just a prank or what!!!", Akashi answered raising his voice. "Everyone is really in tense now", Shiro sat beside Reishi. He called Shira.

Shira: Shiro... the thing is, it's already crowded here

Shiro: Shira... we'll be engaging with the Game Master today. I had 1000 players for the first raid

Shira: Where is the location?

Shiro: Here at HOME

Shira: Be... careful. Come back home, alive.

Shiro: Take care.

Shira: Wait! Shiro, let's go back to Tokyo and have a proper date.

Shiro: (laugh) it's embarassing to have you say that.

Shira: I will be waiting.

The line closed. Akashi looked at Shiro. "Dont die stupid", Akashi left the place. Monsters appeared around the place. "Everyone, protect the Council Building and... find your motivation to live", Shiro instructed.

The different guild had their way in protecting the place. "Rin, Fye, Aika, Aris, Akame, we'll be setting a barrier as how we've done at Karneval. We wont have the Game Master had his way", Shiro said while handling bottles. "How sure are you that Reishi is not the Game Master?", Aris asked since their guild already know. "Reishi is not the Game Master", Shiro convinced them. They scattered around. Shiro ended at the entrance. It was peaceful and really disturbing. A death god with huge scythe appeared. "Shiro, the Villain in Glass. Shall we play our game now?", the unknown monster spoke. "Stop putting the name Game Master on Reishi. Dont cheat. If you're a man, face us", Shiro prepared his scythe. "I should have killed you earlier. People here should just lose hope and started accepting this as reality", the unknown monster swings his scythe. Shiro got direct contact and lost 10% of his HP. The barrier was finished except his. His guild member were disturbed and so they went in the entrance. They were shocked to see how huge it was. Some of the Council ended at the entrance gate. "Shiro, step back", Kanda and the Council stepped forward. "We cant afford to lose you", Akashi sighed. They started attacking but there were no damage. Aika healed them. Aris, Rin, and Akame helped in attacking. Shiro saw a grin on the death god's face and prepared a huge barrier. He pushed everyone aside and spread his arms wide, receiving the blue flame from the death god. Shiro was able to create a portal and the blue flame also hit the death god. It disappeared leaving the place with blue fire. Shiro poured the bottle and secured the HOME. Everyone looked at Shiro. Aika poured all her mana to heal Shiro but it's already empty. Everyone's inventory got disturbed and cannot be opened. Shiro sighed and looked at everyone. "No, Shiro... stop making that face", Fye caught him before falling on the ground. "The game master is really scary", Shiro chuckled. His body is slowly disappearing. A portal open and Shira went out. She wasnt able to hold Shiro before finally turning into fireflies.

"Shiro... died?", Aika looked at Fye and started to cry.

Phew... got some irritating colds now.

Gwah!